Beverage Package for 1 due to medical reason

Is it possible for only my husband to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package?  I have been dealing with a medical condition and my doctor does not want me drinking...I feel like in the past I have read that there can be exceptions made.  I wasn't sure if that is still possible and if so, how do you go about it?

When I called I had to get my wife the refreshment package, not just the soda package.  But I could get the full beverage package and her just the refreshment package, like previously posted.  It does work, I did it for my upcoming cruise.  They didn't ask for anything from a doctor, I just explained that she has a medical condition that doesn't allow her to drink.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

When I called I had to get my wife the refreshment package, not just the soda package.  But I could get the full beverage package and her just the refreshment package, like previously posted.  It does work, I did it for my upcoming cruise.  They didn't ask for anything from a doctor, I just explained that she has a medical condition that doesn't allow her to drink.

It seems to vary by rep (like so much else ...), whether they will let the other person get the soda package or the refreshment package....

Go to the bar onboard and purchase it for one person only. I am not 100% sure but have heard that it is only when prepurchasing the DBP all persons in the same cabin needs to purchase a drink package, not when buying it in a bar onboard. 

However be aware that it will probably be more expensive onboard. Probably to the extent that it costs the same as a DBP and a Refreshment package together if prepurchased. 

On 2/6/2023 at 2:24 PM, Nilbog said:

I’m cruising with my 23 year old son in April. He doesn’t like to drink much and is diamond. I just told them that and had no problem booking him the refreshment package. He likes that package for the juices and mock tails so I didn’t attempt any of the other options. I did not have to state any type of medical issue.