how to go from Trieste port to Venice airport

ep1080

Hi, I have not travelled for a while, so I hope I am posting in the right place.I like to know how to go from Trieste port to Venice airport. Looks like there are no aiports in Trieste , so need to go to Venice to catch the airline home . . Other than the cruise provided transportation, is there any other =way. Reason why I am thinking of getting my own transportation. I am afraid it would be a long time after disembarkation ( 6 am) before the cruise lines buses to the airport leave. Right now, I have not decided on whether to use my own air. If I do, there are flights leaving from Venice to SF about 12 noon. I am afraid the cruise transportation would not arrive that early. Internet said it is 2 hours away, is that correct ? Also, how many people can fit in a taxi ( we have 5) and roughly how much would that cost ?

Thanks very much. If I post in the wrong place, can someone direct me what to do ? Thanks again

Which cruiseline/ship?

If you look at the first 2 pages of this forum, options between Trieste and VCE have been addressed a few times.

I was on NCL Gem in late Sept.  The first transfer to VCE left at 7am and was for pax with flights before 1pm.   Pax with flights between 1 and 3 left at 8am.

I took the train TO Trieste and after the cruise took Flixbus. Each cost about $15.  But neither would work for you with such an early flight. 

We chose to stay an extra night and fly out the next day. Less stress.

A noon flight is cutting it very close.  It's a 2 hr drive and the airport recommends that you arrive 3 hrs prior.

To price a taxi, use the radiotaxitrieste web site or email them.     Rates - Radio Taxi Trieste

I recall someone on our RollCall paying 240e for a private car/driver to Trieste from Venice.

I looked up a car service and it was something ridiculous like 400 euros per person on the day we disembark. Day before was way cheaper. So, I've asked my TA to add transfers, which I hate. Would love to cancel them if some better recommendation is made here. 

There is an international airport in Trieste:  Trieste Airport, it doesn't have a lot of flights but you can arrange a connection to the States via Frankfurt or London.

There is a bus service from the Trieste cruise port to Venice Marco Polo airport:  Transfers from Trieste to Venice Marco Polo airport┃GoOpti | GoOpti 

You can also get a bus to Venice Mestre for as low as 7 euro, from the stop (the Mestre train station) you can get another bus or a taxi for the quick trip to the Venice airport (about seven miles).

Flixbus:  https://www.flixbus.it/