Mr. Sanchos

harlor

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
32 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

Rumor has it that PAYG has been stopped. Can anyone confirm this??

I would like to know too. The website still shows menus for AI and PAYG. It would be good to know since AI has reduced options.

I know they don’t encourage PAYG and I don’t think you can reserve but I don’t know if it is discontinued which would mean they no longer have segregated areas. It certainly won’t be available in March. 

I emailed them a few hours ago actually (looking for the same info) and they do offer PAYG.  The risk you take is it 'selling out' if you do PAYG since they won't let you reserve space for that.

"Greetings from sunny Cozumel!

For the Pay as You Option we offer free entrance and you will only pay for your consumption.

The pay as you go section offers chairs and tables with umbrellas, beach loungers, a small swimming pool, restrooms, showers and free WiFi. 

We do not accept reservations in advance for this section, as it may not even be available due to the many all inclusive reservations that we have to honor.

Furthermore, we do not mix our Pay as You Go customers with our All Inclusive guests.

Please contact us early in the morning on your day of arrival in Cozumel to see if the Pay As You Go section is even available.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you in our beautiful Beach Club."

19 minutes ago, heffa72 said:

I emailed them a few hours ago actually (looking for the same info) and they do offer PAYG.  The risk you take is it 'selling out' if you do PAYG since they won't let you reserve space for that.

"Greetings from sunny Cozumel!

For the Pay as You Option we offer free entrance and you will only pay for your consumption.

The pay as you go section offers chairs and tables with umbrellas, beach loungers, a small swimming pool, restrooms, showers and free WiFi. 

We do not accept reservations in advance for this section, as it may not even be available due to the many all inclusive reservations that we have to honor.

Furthermore, we do not mix our Pay as You Go customers with our All Inclusive guests.

Please contact us early in the morning on your day of arrival in Cozumel to see if the Pay As You Go section is even available.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you in our beautiful Beach Club."

I am wondering if as a result of this the PAYG section (pool) is quieter and certainly better choice of food and drinks?

It’s a gamble depending on time of year. 

When we go our ship is the only one important, so that's good. I did do the pay as you go back in 2017 and it was low key. We had plenty of space to pick beach chairs. Although doing the math I'm sure my husband and I would spend more than the $68 the all-inclusive covers, its my children that I feel we'll waste money on because $45 for just food and non alcoholic drinks is not likely to total $45. 

4 minutes ago, heffa72 said:

When we go our ship is the only one important, so that's good. I did do the pay as you go back in 2017 and it was low key. We had plenty of space to pick beach chairs. Although doing the math I'm sure my husband and I would spend more than the $68 the all-inclusive covers, its my children that I feel we'll waste money on because $45 for just food and non alcoholic drinks is not likely to total $45. 

It’s a lot of money for a beach day especially if you buy the water sport package.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We have just booked one of their spa suite experiences for our upcoming cruise. It looks like total pampering! Pre-Covid, Mr Sanchos was our regular Cozumel stop as we always enjoy our visits there on the all-inclusive side. Now, I came across the 4 spa suites, so we're going to try that for once. $550.00 for the day that includes massages for 2 + butler service 🙂