Why so few current reviews of excursions on CCL's website?

Jeafl

We are doing the 8-day eastern Caribbean on the Magic in November, and in browsing the excursions most have reviews that are 3+ years old! Some I noticed were 13 years old!  I understand that there was a gap during Covid, but cruising's been back a couple of years now.  Surely someone has done these recently.

I guess we will probably end up booking through independent tour operators as usual.

• Like 1

It's because of the website design, they want you to remove all ad blockers and disable security features to be able to leave a review. I tried several times and it simply won't let you, I'm not sure what they were thinking but that's the way it's set up. It's quite strange indeed. They also don't ask you to review excursions as part of the post cruise survey, which would be an easy way to exclude folks who didn't take excursions from leaving reviews and thus, the need for disabling security features that they have in place.     

Every time I try I get this: Please disable any ad blockers, which can prevent successful review submission.

Its always been like that. Ive taken them with a grain of salt, especially the ones written right after the restart. Seems like alot of them sway to the negative side. We did a bubble tour excursion in Sept 21 at Amber Cove and had a blast. Left a 5 star review and a couple of days later some left a one star review basically because of the covid restrictions. Probably best bet is to google the excursion. 

On 2/7/2023 at 1:40 PM, Jeafl said:

Surely someone has done these recently.

I used to try to leave reviews, but for whatever reason, they would get rejected - and I couldn't see anything that seemed bad, and they won't tell you the reason it was rejected.  So I gave up after it happened a few times.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 3:03 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

It's because of the website design, they want you to remove all ad blockers and disable security features to be able to leave a review. I tried several times and it simply won't let you, I'm not sure what they were thinking but that's the way it's set up. It's quite strange indeed. They also don't ask you to review excursions as part of the post cruise survey, which would be an easy way to exclude folks who didn't take excursions from leaving reviews and thus, the need for disabling security features that they have in place.     

Every time I try I get this: Please disable any ad blockers, which can prevent successful review submission.

Thank you! This makes perfect sense.  It definitely explains why most people don't bother.

• Like 1