Queen Victoria

DaisyUK

16 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

On February 10, Roscoe reported the following information on the "Queen Elizabeth cleaning hull" thread. Hopefully this remains the case for QV.

Yay! It would be very unfortunate if QV had to miss New Zealand :).  Good news!

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Fingers crossed, I don't know how they could be so confident so far in advance of their arrival in New Zealand. Plenty of ships have been caught out this season, not just Queen Elizabeth. 

Hi Hattie, there was plenty of photographic evidence from the Dry Dock pointing towards a clean hull and I guess they probably got a certificate showing her state then. From what I was told NZ has toughened up her regulations regarding organisms on the hulls of ships this year but not so much as to be something that the Cruiselines were not aware of.

As a Kiwi, Im concerned about the importation of marine organisms into the Fjords as they are pristine and the water is exported as fresh water - any infection of microbiology into the sounds could put the exports and our reputation as risk so I am all for it.

We sail tonight from Suva - its hot as Hades here and most of the ship is already back on board 4 hours early as the pull of the air-conditioning is just too strong, myself included.

Blog updated if anyone is interested and now have been able to upload some photos, hoping that the internet will improve from here as they couldn't possibly blame the lack of satellites again.....or could they?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, safarigal said:

We are also on this voyage! Here is the roll call I just started -

Looking forward to meeting you on board 🙂

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. Looking forward to meeting you on board too. We are up on deck 6 in 6002, right at the front. We haven't been away for a long time now, so this should be something different. I hope to get into the roll call now, to "meet" fellow passengers and new friends.