Solo Traveller Upgrade - Is It Double

HardToPort

I’m a solo, in a guarantee ocean view so I don’t know where my cabin is and I’m good with that. My question is, I’ve received multiple upgrade requests but when I pick a number and go to confirm the amount gets doubled.

Now, MSC knows I’m a solo traveller. The upgrade invitation clearly states “pp” with the cost applied to the first two cruisers in the cabin. But if there is only little old me in the cabin it seems I’m going to be charged based on double occupancy.

Has anyone tried to upgrade as a solo? Is it based on double occupancy? 

I did try to to confirm this via MSC’s customer service but only received an “I don’t know. I think so. Maybe?” response.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HardToPort said:

I’m a solo, in a guarantee ocean view so I don’t know where my cabin is and I’m good with that. My question is, I’ve received multiple upgrade requests but when I pick a number and go to confirm the amount gets doubled.

Now, MSC knows I’m a solo traveller. The upgrade invitation clearly states “pp” with the cost applied to the first two cruisers in the cabin. But if there is only little old me in the cabin it seems I’m going to be charged based on double occupancy.

Has anyone tried to upgrade as a solo? Is it based on double occupancy? 

I did try to to confirm this via MSC’s customer service but only received an “I don’t know. I think so. Maybe?” response.

MSC charges double your bid for an upgrade, if accepted, regardless of the number of people in the cabin (1, 2, 3, etc). With MSC, it’s best to book what you really want originally rather than hope for a deal on an upgrade bid, especially if solo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

MSC charges double your bid for an upgrade, if accepted, regardless of the number of people in the cabin (1, 2, 3, etc). With MSC, it’s best to book what you really want originally rather than hope for a deal on an upgrade bid, especially if solo.

Thanks JT and you’re correct in booking what you really want, which I did. The Ocean View is fine. I just wish they’d stop teasing me!! LOL