Panama Canal Cruise - Full Transit

fsdj1097

Rotterdam is doing partial transits this year; I wouldn't count on full transits for a while.  For a full transit best to consider Vista/Signature or Princess which has cruises through both the new and old locks.

Roy

We’re doing the full transit on the Zaandam in three weeks. Did a partial transit on the Zuiderdam so we are looking forward to going all the way on the ship instead of the ferry. It’s a great experience no matter what ship you are on IMHO. 

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Rotterdam is doing partial transits this year; I wouldn't count on full transits for a while.  For a full transit best to consider Vista/Signature or Princess which has cruises through both the new and old locks.

Roy

We had to cancel our Eurodam cruise for the partial transit through the old locks this year due to medical issues. This year Eurodam has a couple of more partial transits through the old locks.  I am not sure if they ship is  sold out for these. Then some of the FLL ships leave for Alaska  and do full transits going east to west.  In the fall, the ships reverse and do full transits going west to east.  Next year, the Rotterdam is  doing the partial transits from FLL. When we called to re book our canceled cruise it was confirmed that the Rotterdam does the new locks.  We didn't want to do the new locks so I looked at every cruise doing the partial transit for next year and only the Carnival Pride out of Tampa does the old locks. All the other ships on the main cruise lines -Princess, Celebrity etc. do the new locks for the partial transit.     HA  has a few full transits going from San Diego to FLL or FLL to San Diego in Jan, Feb March 2024.  It is on the Zaandam one of their smaller ships.  We ended up booking this one since we wanted to do the old locks and given that we live in Florida we only will have to fly one way.  We were very disappointed that HA decided to have their pinnacle class ship do the partial transit next year and wish they would reconsider this decision.  

On CC under the Panama Canal board there is a listing of all the ships that do the old locks.  For anyone booking a PC cruise I would make sure you check that before booking a cruise through the canal if you want to do the old locks.

• Like 1