Live NCL Encore 2/12/23

rxlowry

Today we are in St Thomas.  We chartered a catamaran to take us to St John with our friends.   Such a relaxing day!  They provided snacks, drinks and lunch.  We went to two great beaches and snorkeled.  
Dinner tonight was Indian food in the buffet.  Off to see the comedy show.   I’ll post dailies later, I promise.   

• Like 1

We have reservations for Onda in April. I am glad to hear it was very enjoyable! Do you know how the virtual escape room in the Galaxy Pavilion works? I know you have to pay, but can you make reservations for the cruise as soon as you board? Do you just show up and wait your turn? Do you have to have a group of 6 in order to play?

On 2/15/2023 at 9:52 PM, Fischmom said:

What company did you use for the catamaran?  Thanks!

You beat me to it as I was going to ask the same question!

1 hour ago, rxlowry said:

Sail with Liberty.  Highly recommend.   Awesome people.  

Thank you!

On 2/11/2023 at 3:54 PM, rxlowry said:

So we made it to Miami!  We are staying at the JW Marriott Marquis and score…room ready!   We walked to Bayside Marketplace for a lobster roll and mojito.  Both were fantastic!

We were up early so we hit the concierge lounge for a cortadito pick me up. 

Now it’s lounging in the shade at the pool with a cocktail.  

D7E8E1F1-8EAB-41E2-A163-7798A7D9BF36.jpeg

01CC4846-F3D3-49E7-A04D-DA618278FA88.jpeg

6CA71B03-715B-4174-8BBF-6BD7CF958D17.jpeg

9D425463-BA91-44D5-B06C-1B37C7DCBC20.jpeg

6BCD9357-CDDE-4416-ABCC-76ABADFB3E6D.jpeg

I love that JW.  Also loving your reveiw.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

So yesterday as we returned to cabin, we were chatting up two delightful cabin attendants.  As we were talking, some stripes appeared and I thought we might be getting them in trouble.   She offered us a new cabin.  She let us check it out and it was fine.  Even though the ear plugs bought in St Thomas worked amazing, we decided to move.  Packing cubes are so easy to repack.  Took a nap that was heavenly.  Missed our reservation at the Bistro but we called and they could take us later.   

• Like 1

I’ll post the dailies and much more details tomorrow.  Internet painful and I attempted to get by with the 150 minutes thinking Cruise Critic was a free site.   I have been typing the blog posts though daily and I’ll post that upon return.   
Did two different escape rooms today, wine tasting, VIP party in District and Choir of Man tonight.  Keeping busy on last day and I’ll report back!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rxlowry said:
Did two different escape rooms today, wine tasting, VIP party in District and Choir of Man tonight.  Keeping busy on last day and I’ll report back!!

Which wine tasting did you do?   My daughter is interested in learning more about wine and I thought a wine tasting on our cruise in March on the Breakaway would be fun!

On 2/12/2023 at 11:38 AM, Hmmcminn said:

Have fun!  I can’t wait until this time next week!

If you get a chance, could you post the Freestyle Dailies (or just the What’s Happening Today pages)?  Thanks.

Just posted the remainder of dailies.  I think I got all of them posted.  

15 hours ago, CedarLane said:

Which wine tasting did you do?   My daughter is interested in learning more about wine and I thought a wine tasting on our cruise in March on the Breakaway would be fun!

On this cruise, we did the wine and cheese pairing and also the Riedel glass tasting.   We have also done the black glass tasting.  All have been very nice and informative.  The black glass and Riedel were my favorites 

50E68752-D04A-478F-A34D-37B77260D99E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:53 PM, Linsuesue said:

We have reservations for Onda in April. I am glad to hear it was very enjoyable! Do you know how the virtual escape room in the Galaxy Pavilion works? I know you have to pay, but can you make reservations for the cruise as soon as you board? Do you just show up and wait your turn? Do you have to have a group of 6 in order to play?

So we did the free table escape room and the Galaxy one.  We would’ve been done the table game with 15 minutes but the inside of the box was not prepared correctly.  They gave us two red cards and one should’ve been purple.  😡  We cruised through the puzzles too.  It was fun until that.  Especially since we tried to get the phone number for 15 minutes.   They should’ve noticed their error when we were having so much trouble.  He even came over and the cards were in the right order.  So if you do that one, be careful.  
The Galaxy Escape room was popular.  Make your reservation early.  They put us with a group of four to make the six.  We’ve done 44 land based rooms so we are nerds about them.  This is a good value for 15 dollars.  There’s so cool technology elements to the room and neat puzzles.  We made it out with lots of time to spare.  

C4D2D8F5-4ED8-4D57-BDAD-ED42D31390B9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rxlowry said:

So we did the free table escape room and the Galaxy one.  We would’ve been done the table game with 15 minutes but the inside of the box was not prepared correctly.  They gave us two red cards and one should’ve been purple.  😡  We cruised through the puzzles too.  It was fun until that.  Especially since we tried to get the phone number for 15 minutes.   They should’ve noticed their error when we were having so much trouble.  He even came over and the cards were in the right order.  So if you do that one, be careful.  
The Galaxy Escape room was popular.  Make your reservation early.  They put us with a group of four to make the six.  We’ve done 44 land based rooms so we are nerds about them.  This is a good value for 15 dollars.  There’s so cool technology elements to the room and neat puzzles.  We made it out with lots of time to spare.  

C4D2D8F5-4ED8-4D57-BDAD-ED42D31390B9.jpeg

Thank you so much for explaining this! None of us have never done an escape room, so we will take forever to figure things out! It sounds like a ton of fun! Did you make your reservations as soon as you got on board? Where do you go to make your reservations?

2 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Thank you so much for explaining this! None of us have never done an escape room, so we will take forever to figure things out! It sounds like a ton of fun! Did you make your reservations as soon as you got on board? Where do you go to make your reservations?

There’s a desk as soon as you walk in to Galaxy Pavilion to make reservation.   The free one, Bamboozled is just walk up at the time. 

• Like 1