Australian Cruise tour - Wildlife Retreat pre cruise

potchak

Hello, My husband and I are taking the Royal princess out of Sydney on a cruise tour, and thought we would come in a day early to check out the Taronga zoo. Heard they have the Wildlife retreat there, and thought we would stay there. What is the easiest way with luggage to get there from the airport and then back to the port? Our cruise tour includes a transfer from the airport to the port, but not sure that makes sense since we would have to go right by the port in order to get back to the airport. I was thinking Uber/Taxi to Taronga/Wildlife retreat, then a Uber/Taxi to the port the next day. Does this make more sense then going all the way back to the airport to catch our transfer? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, potchak said:

Hello, My husband and I are taking the Royal princess out of Sydney on a cruise tour, and thought we would come in a day early to check out the Taronga zoo. Heard they have the Wildlife retreat there, and thought we would stay there. What is the easiest way with luggage to get there from the airport and then back to the port? Our cruise tour includes a transfer from the airport to the port, but not sure that makes sense since we would have to go right by the port in order to get back to the airport. I was thinking Uber/Taxi to Taronga/Wildlife retreat, then a Uber/Taxi to the port the next day. Does this make more sense then going all the way back to the airport to catch our transfer? Thanks! 

You might also want to post this on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

As a Sydneysider the easiest though not cheapest way would be to get a taxi/uber to Taronga Zoo from the airport. If you got the train to the city you would then either have to change to a ferry or get a taxi/uber from there. Using the train/ferry combination you would have to be able to manage your luggage yourselves and I am not sure if you can get access to the Wildlife Retreat from the ferry terminal or would have to get to the top entrance of the zoo. Heading to the cruise ship there would be little point returning to the airport as you would be passing the ship on the way to to airport. If you took the ferry from the zoo to Circular Quay you would have a short walk to the Overseas Passenger Terminal or you could get a taxi/uber there from the zoo. In my opinion a taxi/uber each way would be the easiest or a taxi/uber to the zoo and a ferry to Circular Quay the next morning, provided that you can easily get to the ferry terminal from the Wildlife Retreat.

Hope you have a great time in Sydney and a wonderful cruise. ⛴️

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1