Ask Carnival Corp’s CEO: Call for Questions for Josh Weinstein

CCAubs

One of the biggest cruise industry events, Seatrade Cruise Global, is quickly approaching. At the event, cruise line CEOs sit side by side to discuss all things cruising. This year’s panel of esteemed CEOs includes Carnival Corporation’s President, CEO & Chief Climate Officer, Josh Weinstein. 

And he wants to hear from Cruise Critic members. 

Do you have a question that you’d love to ask Mr. Weinstein? Are you wondering what’s ahead for onboard dining and entertainment? Have thoughts on how Carnival Corp. can leverage technology to improve the cruise experience? Do you have questions about the cruise line’s sustainability efforts? We want to hear from you.

Share your questions below, and your question might be one asked of Mr. Weinstein at this year’s event.

Questions about European Deployment for Carnival Cruise Line: Are you planning on adding more Voyages in Europe region? Port of calls are mostly the same every year, especially in Eastern Med cruises, are you planning adding more in the future? Why 2024 European itineraries are delayed so much compared to previous seasons and to other cruise lines?

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

Is Carnival in informal talks with the Saudis or anyone else now to sell Seabourn?

The Seabourn partnership with Chef Thomas Keller is 8 years old this year - any plans to reimagine and refresh the culinary concepts on Seabourn going forward, as Silversea did with S.A.L.T?

How will you strengthen and position Seabourn in the face of new competition from the rebooted Crystal and MSC's Explora?

1 hour ago, MJfromCA said:

Is Carnival in informal talks with the Saudis or anyone else now to sell Seabourn?

The Seabourn partnership with Chef Thomas Keller is 8 years old this year - any plans to reimagine and refresh the culinary concepts on Seabourn going forward, as Silversea did with S.A.L.T?

How will you strengthen and position Seabourn in the face of new competition from the rebooted Crystal and MSC's Explora?

Officeofthepresident@seabourn.com

• Like 1

• LauraS pinned this topic
9 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Huh? This thread is for questions people would like to see asked of the Carnival CEO. I'm certain he won't answer anything about whether there are negotiations to sell Seabourn, but the other questions seem like reasonable ones to ask.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 2:26 AM, Mr Luxury said:

Mr. L, when Jan Swartz detailed the Holland America Group restructuring last month to Seatrade Cruise News (https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/jan-swartz-holland-america-groups-restructuring), she said:

The reorganization has been driven within the group's leadership team, with input from Carnival Corp. & plc CEO Josh Weinstein.

'It ties to Josh's vision of focusing on strengthening each and every brand's positioning and commercial agility and performance,' Swartz elaborated. 'He really is focused on who is the target market for each brand, who is the customer, how do we market to them, how do we sell the product effectively, how do we elevate the guest experience.'

I'd like to know from Mr. Weinstein exactly what his vision is for the Seabourn brand now, the one he is communicating to Ms. Swartz.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 6:48 PM, MJfromCA said:

As Carnival is publicly traded, why do you even bother asking? He’d go to jail if he prematurely leaks information that moves the share price. 

Edited by florisdekort

1 hour ago, florisdekort said:

As Carnival is publicly traded, why do you even bother asking? He’d go to jail if he prematurely leaks information that moves the share price. 

On 2/17/2023 at 11:29 AM, cruiseej said:

I'm certain he won't answer anything about whether there are negotiations to sell Seabourn, but the other questions seem like reasonable ones to ask.

Florisdekort, you and Cruiseej are of course correct that he can't answer that particular question due to legal constraints, and I know that.

But the prompt was "Is there a question you'd love to ask Mr. Weinstein?" (without any caveats about whether he can answer), and the potential sale is a question I am curious about. Others on this board seem to be as well, since the thread on it last May (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2854642-carnival-corp-in-talks-to-sell-seabourn/ ) had over 100 posts with over 16,000 views. I thought I'd raise it so Corporate knows we are watching with interest, but if that is not appropriate for this thread, I'm happy to withdraw the question (though I can no longer edit my previous post).

• 1 month later...

Hello from Seatrade 2023 in Ft. Lauderdale!

The State of the Industry was held yesterday. Due to time constraints, we were limited to just one question per CEO, but it was amazing to have the opportunity to include the cruisers' voice in the conversation for the first time ever.

Here's a link to our recap of the event and CEO answers: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/7330/ Including a photo, too 🙂

We received A TON of questions across all of the cruise line forums (and lots of fantastic feedback) for the lines, and are going to be following up by sending all of it their way as well. We'll also use it on the Cruise Critic side for future story ideas, too. 

A huge thank you to all of you for sharing your thoughts, questions and experiences -- this community is incredible.

SOTI 2023.jpg

• Host Kat locked and unpinned this topic