Does HAL allow use of Reusable Water Bottles (Nalgene, Vapur) ?

bfgood2

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It was just a suggestion.  Of course you don’t use shampoo at home 🙄.  I guess if you want to bring everything but the kitchen sink it’s fine.  Maybe you bring the kitchen sink so it doesn’t smell bathroom-y 😉.

nope, no kitchen sink.  Just enough in my suitcase that makes the cruise enjoyable.

Cruise well.

Edited by disneyochem

12 hours ago, kelliebiz said:

We like the tap water onboard just fine, but if you don’t care for it, you can always order water to be delivered to your room. Here’s a pic of what we saw to be available. The glass bottles are 1 liter and the aluminum bottles are smaller, though I don’t recall the exact volume. Comparable to a can of soda I think

4C89CB88-8214-4C75-91AB-8345DD301C87.png

Thanks for all your help. Ithink water from the Lido will be just fine , but I never would have thought about a gallon jug of distilled water.

I wish HAL would put in a water fountain bottle filler in the Lido (and elsewhere) to make it cleaner and easier to fill reusable bottles. The kind I'm talking about are like the ones you see in airports where you put your bottle under a spout and the water starts flowing. Much more sanitary than what some people do in the Lido with the water spout there and just easier than filling up the bottle glass by glass.

• Like 3

I bring 2 steel thermal bottles on the trip.  Mrs Fan is a tea drinker and I fill one with just hot water and bring it back to the room.  I fill the other with coffee for myself.  I tend to be an early riser on cruises for whatever reason, so I head down to a coffee station and get the water/coffee and then head back to the room. I've not been on a HAL ship. I assume that there will be some sort of self-serve coffee stations (on the Rotterdam in August). 

On 2/17/2023 at 5:02 PM, CruiserN1 said:

I wish HAL would put in a water fountain bottle filler in the Lido (and elsewhere) to make it cleaner and easier to fill reusable bottles. The kind I'm talking about are like the ones you see in airports where you put your bottle under a spout and the water starts flowing. Much more sanitary than what some people do in the Lido with the water spout there and just easier than filling up the bottle glass by glass.

Before I retired, the office I worked at installed these around the building.  Super convenient and easy. I had a large Tervis Mug that I kept filled most of the day. 

image.png.93751a845e337eabcb6b8b49c8dcac88.png

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:02 PM, CruiserN1 said:

Was just on the Discovery Princess in January.  They have a couple of these in the buffet area (one on each side)!  It was great to see and use!

• Like 2