Excursion waitlisted for one

jinpasco

I know someone asked a while back but I can not find the solution. I went to put both of us on a waitlist but it would only accept my husband and now says, " waitlisted for one" with his name only. Will he be able to try for 2 tickets when contacted or is this something I need to call ( and wait) to have them figure it out from their end ? Thank you

5 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

I know someone asked a while back but I can not find the solution. I went to put both of us on a waitlist but it would only accept my husband and now says, " waitlisted for one" with his name only. Will he be able to try for 2 tickets when contacted or is this something I need to call ( and wait) to have them figure it out from their end ? Thank you

There is an option on the call tree for Princess Tour/excursions desk.

I would probably cancel wait list and redo it.  You have an option to select both names on the excursion.  Or, just call them.

• Thanks 1

Well PacnGoNow, I tried. Maybe it's me. Rep said the waitlist is full so my name can not be put on it. My thinking is to acquire as many names as needed so should room become available or another excursion for the day be added, they have a.clue as to how many are interested. I am thinking maybe wait until We are on the ship or in port but really wanted to use my obc. 😟

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

There is an option on the call tree for Princess Tour/excursions desk.

I would probably cancel wait list and redo it.  You have an option to select both names on the excursion.  Or, just call them.

That's the issue, when I click my name ( wife), it comes up in red and unable to . Got to love the website! Been trying chat and says , not available now. Maybe someone is trying to tell me not to go on this excursion. !

3 hours ago, jinpasco said:

That's the issue, when I click my name ( wife), it comes up in red and unable to . Got to love the website! Been trying chat and says , not available now. Maybe someone is trying to tell me not to go on this excursion. !

Okay, probably when you initially waitlisted it, you had just 1 name selected.  If you’re going soon, I’d just check with Shore excursions and tell them.  Sometimes they add another bus if they have a big waitlist.  

You can use your obc once OB.

Good luck!

Just check the patter OB for their hours and see them right away.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the hints. I was actually just going to remove it from the waitlist but now my plan is to leave it on, check the website daily, then check the excursions desk once onboard for the possibility of them adding me or possibly adding another time on the trip. It's the boat and bus excursion in St Johns.  As we all,know the website may not be up to date. I have called the number, used the chat line and will continue to.check. My fault for not getting to this sooner. There are several thousand people on a ship and most excursions say 20 tickets. The math is not in our favor.

They only show up to 20 spaces but most excursions hold more (typically a bus load or two). I think they only allow two waitlist spots, which is kind of silly. Keep the one waitlist and also check back for additional options or ability to waitlist a second person.

We often find they open up additional times for popular excursions and some excursions have times that are only offered once on board. If you don’t get what you want before sailing, go directly to shore excursions desk when you board and ask them.