Arranged flight timings with Scenic

rachiem

Am I overthinking things, but we've finally got direct flights for our Scenic river cruise booked (Scenic sorted out these after we refused the first choice of indirect flights)
The return flight is from Munich at 12.50pm. The cruise returns into Nuremberg, which looks to be about 1.5 to 2 hrs away.
On the website it states that we should opt for flights after 2pm if we book ourselves but I'm assuming as Scenic have arranged all these, that the timings are all ok?

As you've already argued flights with Scenic then questioning them about the discrepancy between self booking advice and their flight bookings should hold no fears for you.

Myself, when a river cruise company includes air travel and books the flights I take it that they can achieve it. And if there's a problem then they'll sort it. I can see that there's a fear that their 'sorting it' will be by putting you on the indirect flights you previously rejected.

BYW - congrats on getting them to give you direct flights. When we travelled with Scenic to Bordeaux they booked us Air France via CDG out and KLM via Schiphol on the way back yet there's a non stop flight between London and Bordeaux with BA. I also assumed that the connection times would be suitable but we only made our connection at CDG because the onward plane was late. What we said about Scenic putting us through that stress can't be repeated here.

In 11 cruises with Viking the only time we had to have an indirect flight was Ukraine and only because there was no non-stop flight.

51 minutes ago, pontac said:

As you've already argued flights with Scenic then questioning them about the discrepancy between self booking advice and their flight bookings should hold no fears for you.

Myself, when a river cruise company includes air travel and books the flights I take it that they can achieve it. And if there's a problem then they'll sort it. I can see that there's a fear that their 'sorting it' will be by putting you on the indirect flights you previously rejected.

BYW - congrats on getting them to give you direct flights. When we travelled with Scenic to Bordeaux they booked us Air France via CDG out and KLM via Schiphol on the way back yet there's a non stop flight between London and Bordeaux with BA. I also assumed that the connection times would be suitable but we only made our connection at CDG because the onward plane was late. What we said about Scenic putting us through that stress can't be repeated here.

In 11 cruises with Viking the only time we had to have an indirect flight was Ukraine and only because there was no non-stop flight.

Thank you for the reassurance.

Yes, we live next to Gatwick but didn't have a problem going from Heathrow if the flights were direct but they gave us LHR to Frankfurt and then connect for Amsterdam with Lufthansa (Over 12 hours door to door and 6 or 7 hours more than hoping on an Easyjet at Gatwick)

We've managed now to get direct BA flights.

It’s sometimes also the cruise companies that get caught out with airlines - original booking Air France from Bristol to Bordeaux on checking the flights to sort seats we are now Bristol - Amsterdam - Bordeaux and return Bordeaux- Amsterdam- Birmingham  okay So there both B and B, ha ha the Scenic guys didn’t think it was funny either evidently it took some slick work to sort out. Air France had arbitrarily taken the decision to stop using Bristol.

okay this was a few years ago but keep an eye on things with airlines as they are at the moment.

16 hours ago, Canal archive said:

It’s sometimes also the cruise companies that get caught out with airlines - original booking Air France from Bristol to Bordeaux on checking the flights to sort seats we are now Bristol - Amsterdam - Bordeaux and return Bordeaux- Amsterdam- Birmingham  okay So there both B and B, ha ha the Scenic guys didn’t think it was funny either evidently it took some slick work to sort out. Air France had arbitrarily taken the decision to stop using Bristol.

okay this was a few years ago but keep an eye on things with airlines as they are at the moment.

Oh, lucky that you checked!

We will keep an eye out as BA are notorius for flight time changes.