Family comedy show

Does anyone have any information about the family-friendly comedy show? I can't seem to find it anywhere even if I go look on different sailings on the app and checking old Cruise Compasses. Is it not offered anymore? If so, was it good? Need a reservation? My husband and I love going to the comedy show but this time we have our kiddos with us so are hoping to not miss the family-friendly one. Thanks!

• Like 1

We went to the one on Allure last spring. I didn't think it was very good, especially for kids, although they did like the jokes about the cabin bathrooms and showers. The one comedian was doing a whole monologue about his dating life and making some pretty misogynistic comments that I thought were inappropriate for the young audience. It was like he took his adult routine and just took out the curse words for the kids. There were a lot of blank faces in the elementary-aged audience and some fake laughs like, I don't really get why this is funny, but it's "comedy" so I'll laugh. 

There was only one family show during our 6 night cruise and it was held in the large theater so there were plenty of seats. It may have taken reservations, but honestly I can't remember if it did require them or if we made them or if we just showed up. 

19 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

We went to the one on Allure last spring. I didn't think it was very good, especially for kids, although they did like the jokes about the cabin bathrooms and showers. The one comedian was doing a whole monologue about his dating life and making some pretty misogynistic comments that I thought were inappropriate for the young audience. It was like he took his adult routine and just took out the curse words for the kids. There were a lot of blank faces in the elementary-aged audience and some fake laughs like, I don't really get why this is funny, but it's "comedy" so I'll laugh. 

There was only one family show during our 6 night cruise and it was held in the large theater so there were plenty of seats. It may have taken reservations, but honestly I can't remember if it did require them or if we made them or if we just showed up. 

I don’t ever go to the family-friendly shows but are they actually supposed to be jokes geared towards kids or just not explicit?

1 hour ago, Cruise5life said:

🤷🏼‍♂️  730 and 930.  

That’s the standard adult comedy show, on most nights in the comedy club. Reservations are essential because the venue’s so small.

There's normally also a separate, family comedy show in the main theatre on one night. Reservations for that aren’t normally required.

35 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

That’s the standard adult comedy show, on most nights in the comedy club. Reservations are essential because the venue’s so small.

There's normally also a separate, family comedy show in the main theatre on one night. Reservations for that aren’t normally required.

Not on my cruise.WOS

I have all my dailies    
1/29-2/5.  

@SuperPlanner What ship are you on? Perhaps you can check a similar sailing that is happening now on the app to see what they are offering?

@Cruise5life Could you double check your daily for the first night at 9:30pm in the Royal Theater? I'm seeing one that someone posted for the Welcome Aboard Family Comedy Show with Simeon and Paul on Day 1. But wondering if they cancelled it for your sailing for some reason?

17 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Could you double check your daily for the first night at 9:30pm in the Royal Theater? I'm seeing one that someone posted for the Welcome Aboard Family Comedy Show with Simeon and Paul on Day 1. But wondering if they cancelled it for your sailing for some reason?

Going back MANY years, the "Family Comedy Show" was on the last night (or next to last?).  I remember seeing the "adult" show in the comedy club, THEN the "Family" show in the theater on a later night.  Most of the same jokes, but tamed down.

Again, that was many years ago, so things may have changed.

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

@Cruise5life Could you double check your daily for the first night at 9:30pm in the Royal Theater? I'm seeing one that someone posted for the Welcome Aboard Family Comedy Show with Simeon and Paul on Day 1. But wondering if they cancelled it for your sailing for some reason?

yes I miss spoke. There is a welcome show day 1 . 930-1020.  
I must have skipped right over it.    
wish they had more shows in the theater.    
im not a fan of the smaller room.  
if you don’t get there early and get seats in the first few rows the rest of the room is terrible.   Hard to hear. Chatty people talking in the back  Bartender making a ton of noise over the comedians show.  So much he had to say something.   
land let’s not forget all the polls in the way.  

seems late for a family show.