Eco Cruise on Gatun Lake questions

CruiseMomTX

Has anyone done the Royal Caribbean Eco Cruise on Gatun Lake?  If so what is the day like, how long of a bus ride will it be, trying to figure out if a sundress and sandals are ok to wear or should we wear swim clothes, coverup and beach or tennis shoes.    After reading another cruisers review of their Panama Canal an IMAX tour where they did not get a chance to view the canal it sound like some of the descriptions are not quite accurate.  

On the Royal Site:

Departs at

Day 7
8:00 am

Duration
4hr

Activity Level
Moderate
Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account. 

• 4 weeks later...

We are back from our cruise and did the Eco Tour.  The bus ride is 30min each way and you got to see the beautiful scenery, I have never seen so many banana trees in my life.  I wore beach type sandals and a sundress and that worked perfect for me.  It was warm out so the sundress was very comfortable.  We however only saw a sloth in a tree and a few birds, some people saw a monkey that was in the trees but quickly hid.  I know this part can't be controlled but we were disappointed in how little wildlife we saw.  I would probably not do this excursion again.  When you arrived the bus drops you off at the top of the hill, there are bathrooms there and also down the hill, some small snacks like chips and drinks to purchase and they gave us a small bottle of water.  There was a golf cart to take people down to the boats and then back up after if you had mobility problems.  After watching several older people with canes or walkers I would not suggest this tour if you have a mobility problem but it is doable.  

• Thanks 2