West or East Coast Mexico?

Apologies for not reading the whole thread:

Galveston is very problematic in my opinion for transportation.  It's a haul from Houston.  

I like the West Coast itinerary, and if you can fly into Long Beach the transfer to a hotel or the ship is soooo much easier. Very nice little airport.

If you are focusing on the itinerary, then I also suggest you look at Princess to see if they are offering a 10 day Mexico cruise.  This one goes all the way up into the Sea of Cortez (between the "leg" of Baja CA and the mainland of Mexico).  Great itinerary, and if it leaves from Los Angeles or San Diego, the transportation is easier, also.  The San Diego airport is very close to the cruise port.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:49 PM, potatopotato said:

Considering a Mexico trip for my husband's 30th birthday on RCI. Torn between the West or East coast itineraries. I've only been to Cozumel for a college spring break trip, otherwise totally unfamiliar of the ports. Cost is very similar for itinerary and flights, so that is not a factor. The trip would be in October, so I'm concerned about hurricane season (not sure if this is a concern for just the East or both). The itineraries are below. Appreciate any advice on the itineraries or the ships!

Royal Caribbean Allure
Galveston, TX
Sea
Sea
Roatan, Honduras
Costa Maya, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Sea

Galveston, TX

Royal Caribbean Navigator
Los Angeles, CA
Sea
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Sea
Sea
Los Angeles, CA

Everyone I’ve met onboard an east coast Mexico cruise states how much better it is! Clearer ocean water better beaches. Warmer water. Only once did we fly to LA and do the western coast Mexico and cold water and dirty beaches. Definitely love East coast Mexico better.

This discussion isn't or hasn't been about ports .. .but about ships, class of ships, etc.  Hands-down,the Western Mexico ports are far more interesting than the Western Caribbean ... IMO.  So, let's focus on one or the other ... specific ships or specific itineraries.

On 2/18/2023 at 3:13 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Remember, free breakfast at JR every morning before 10:30.

It's a great breakfast. The potatoes are great and not available elsewhere on the ship.

We ate there every day and never had to wait for a table.