Quick questions before booking

Wallys_World

Just put a 24 hour hold on a cabin on Scarlet Lady and have a couple of questions before booking:

Internet - We may have to do a bit of work while on the ship. Does the premium internet package work for Zoom calls? We will be in the Caribbean. 

Cabin - Looking at a Sweet Aft cabin on Deck 14. Any noise or other issues to consider?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

I have had success using Zoom with Premium, BUT it will drop out a bit. I suggest you consider starting the video call and switch to audio. 

I have not stayed in an an Aft Suite, but you have cabins above and below 14. There is more wave action on back of the ship if that could be a concern.

I had deck 14 just under the gym and it was a little noisy in the morning when people wotked out lifting (and dropping) weights and also when the DJ was working...but quite quiet at all other times. That said, I would prefer 13 or lower next time. Internet basic was fine for casual Whats App phone calls with video but would not trust it for Zoom...especially if it were client related. Don't let any of this deter you....you will love it!

We had great wifi with just the basic for the first 5 days or so, then for the crossing the wifi went to "no good for streaming."  But that was in the middle of the Atlantic; Premium is only available in the Caribbean.  Anything on deck 14 puts you at risk of noise from 15.  As noted, you'll be under the outdoor seating area for The Galley.  It won't be a problem at night, but there might be chair noise during the day.  You didn't ask, but book thru a TA.  THey must do VV training to sell VV.  I wish we could list our favs here, but not allowed.  Many will add a little "sweetener" to your booking, and they are GREAT to have when VV messes things up.  If your agent has hosted a Zoom meeting with VV in the last 10 days, there is a bonus in "loot" (obc on any other line).

Edited by cantgetin

4 hours ago, Wallys_World said:
Just put a 24 hour hold on a cabin on Scarlet Lady and have a couple of questions before booking:

Internet - We may have to do a bit of work while on the ship. Does the premium internet package work for Zoom calls? We will be in the Caribbean. 

Cabin - Looking at a Sweet Aft cabin on Deck 14. Any noise or other issues to consider?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Premium internet was fine for live streaming from the ship. I did two one hour TikToks at sea and had zero issues. So I would expect Zoom or Google Meets to work.

If you're looking at the Sweet Aft Suite, I would avoid that and go with the Cheeky Corner Suite instead. Those Sweet Aft Suites look like they don't get much airflow based on what we saw from our Cheeky Corner.

Don't go to Deck 14, don't go higher than Deck 13 as others have mentioned with the gym and the pool deck on 15. On any cruise ship you always want cabins above and below you. Deck 14 is a no-go with the Virgin ships. 🙂 

14 hours ago, Wallys_World said:

I would call sailor services with your booking number and request to be moved to deck 11-13.  I would avoid deck 14.  You can see what's above and below your room at cruisedeckplans dot com and choose a room with cabins above and below you.

Hope that helps