Cabin Storage??

evandbob

We were fine for 2 people on a 14 night cruise.  As noted, 4 small drawers, 3 larger shelves with baskets in them. Move the hair dryer to the desk and you'll have another shelf.  Plenty of room for our suitcases under the bed. There is also a large drawer on the platform where the bed turns into the L shape during the day (if you wish it to do this, let your cabin attendant know).

I've definitely seen cabins with more storage but this was plenty.

Its also worth thinking about where you going to pop your case after unpacking. Standard cabins beds are a little too shallow for our cases to hide them under out of sight, but they fit vertically into the XL cabin wardrobe. The suites all have fixed beds, and you can easily get two suitcases under them. 

2 hours ago, Lustate said:

Its also worth thinking about where you going to pop your case after unpacking. Standard cabins beds are a little too shallow for our cases to hide them under out of sight, but they fit vertically into the XL cabin wardrobe. The suites all have fixed beds, and you can easily get two suitcases under them. 

We have a large suitcase that opens up flat.  I wonder if it will fit under the bed if the suitcase is left opened. Does anyone know what the actual distance is from the floor to the bed frame? Is there added space if you lift up the frame and slide the suitcase under the bed then lower the bed? 

For storage, is there anywhere to hang an "over the door" shoe holder for holding miscellaneous things?  I brought this on a recent Celebrity cruise and it worked great.  I assume the walls are magnetic so magnets should be useful, yes? 

33 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

We have a large suitcase that opens up flat.  I wonder if it will fit under the bed if the suitcase is left opened. Does anyone know what the actual distance is from the floor to the bed frame? Is there added space if you lift up the frame and slide the suitcase under the bed then lower the bed? 

The beds convert to an L shape sofas because of this they have storage boxes at the headboard end and cannot be removed for the bedding. In terms of a case under the bed left open, I think it could be tight but would fit, but not impossible. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

For storage, is there anywhere to hang an "over the door" shoe holder for holding miscellaneous things?  I brought this on a recent Celebrity cruise and it worked great.  I assume the walls are magnetic so magnets should be useful, yes? 

There is of course a door to the bathroom (or in the xl its a door to the shower and the loo separately). The hanger thing would fit over I'm sure. 

Sounds like your packing for a round the world cruise lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Does anyone know what the actual distance is from the floor to the bed frame?

my very scientific measurement - it's about 2 iphone 13 pro's of distance between the floor and the bed.  the iphone is 5" and change tall, so a bit over 10"?  we currently have 1 big checked suitcase and a bigger carry-on under the bed and another carryon in the closet (but it could also fit under the bed.  i just stuck it in the closet day one and that's where it stayed haha)  

as lustate stated, the bed has a pivoting part, so if you're going to constantly switch between bed and couch config or have the beds set up in the L shape, you lose half the bed as understorage.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 5:13 AM, mfs2k said:

Magnets, yes.  The walls in my Sea Terrace on Valiant were not magnetic, but the ceiling was so I just placed my magnets on the ceiling in the corner as close to the wall as possible to hang my shoe holders and it functioned the same.  

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 9:41 PM, scubagal44 said:

Magnets, yes.  The walls in my Sea Terrace on Valiant were not magnetic, but the ceiling was so I just placed my magnets on the ceiling in the corner as close to the wall as possible to hang my shoe holders and it functioned the same.  

We had a both sea terrace and central sea terrace and the actual walls were magnetic next to the television and warddrobe area. We were able to put magnetic hooks on the wall and we didnt have to put them on the ceilling. 

The toilet wall in the room i think was also magnetic.

Don't be too harsh.  While I admit to bringing way more clothes than I needed on the WBTA, it was 14 nights......but it will be way less next time.  I'm shooting for a carry on only.  But no matter what else we do, we will have a suitcase full of medical equipment...so always one checked bag.

• Like 1