REVIEW: Anthem of the Seas Leaving from Bayonne/Cape Liberty Feb 12-19

Granite543

9 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Amped Freedom and Amped voyager classes are our favorite so far but we have not tried the quantum class yet. It will be interesting to see what we think in a couple of weeks on the Anthem

We always enjoy our sailings on Anthem.   The 270 theater is a nice with beautiful views and the 270 Cafe is a great place to go for breakfast sandwiches and lunch.   I always enjoy their tuna wrap and the kummelweck / roast beef sandwich.  I ask for my beef to be sliced thin...delicious.

I am an early riser which helps avoid the crowds in WJ for breakfast.   

The Via has lots of seating where people read, nap or families playing cards or board games on chilly days.

The bar at the Via, next to Jamie's is one of our favorite indoor bars.   The bartenders there are lots of fun.   Aladdin and Indy enjoy doing magic tricks and always entertaining.

20221210_194536.thumb.jpg.b2cffd7f792b47718746735076168850.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 11:03 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

I always struggle with Nassau.  For being the busiest cruise port in the caribbean/bahamas there sure isn't much to do versus other ports.

The only lower rated port is Freeport, so while those rookies explore the straw market, Atlantis or maybe Margaritaville, stay on the ship and treat it like a sea day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The only lower rated port is Freeport, so while those rookies explore the straw market, Atlantis or maybe Margaritaville, stay on the ship and treat it like a sea day.

That’s what we would normally do but our son is with us and it’s his first time there. I would like to give him a little feel for the island this time, good or bad. 😂

We are skipping port Canaveral and staying on the ship.  We just spent a week there before Christmas in a VRBO so don’t need to return so soon 

Edited by The Fun Researcher