Cruise Itinerary Discrepancy?

Blockschip

My wife and I are considering the Panama Potpourri cruise on Sirena next year February 16 to February 26. The Oceania site lists Cozumel as a port and does not list Key West. A number of cruise travel sites list Key West as a port and not Cozumel. Which would be correct (I assuming Oceania's site)?

4 minutes ago, Blockschip said:

My wife and I are considering the Panama Potpourri cruise on Sirena next year February 16 to February 26. The Oceania site lists Cozumel as a port and does not list Key West. A number of cruise travel sites list Key West as a port and not Cozumel. Which would be correct (I assuming Oceania's site)?

I would assume Oceania's website is correct. Cruise lines frequently change itineraries and unofficial sites are not always updated to reflect those changes, so I suspect Oceania originally had Key West on this itinerary but subsequently changed it.

5 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Key west does not want cruise ships. I would go with Cozumel.

However, Florida enacted a law overturning the Key West voter initiative so some ships are still calling on Key West. As I'm writing this I'm looking at keywestharborwebcam.com and I can see Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas and another ship that I can't identify docked there.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

However, Florida enacted a law overturning the Key West voter initiative so some ships are still calling on Key West. As I'm writing this I'm looking at keywestharborwebcam.com and I can see Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas and another ship that I can't identify docked there.

It looks like Oceania's website is correct, as Sirena is not listed on Key West's cruise ship calendar for that time.  

Since the initiative was overturned, ships have mainly been docking in KW at the privately-owned dock near the Opal resort.  It's rare that a 2nd ship has docked.  The other ship that was there today at Mallory Square is Ritz Carlton's new yacht, Evrima, which is a smaller ship and fits in with the small capacity that was agreed to in the initiative.  I think that criteria is still being used for the city-owned docks.  The R ships may also fit that criteria, but I don't think any have been to KW recently or scheduled.