Cabin ready upon embark (Platinum/Diamond Suite guests)?

Tom-n-Cheryl

19 hours ago, mistyinca said:

I'm sailing MG 3/4 (Platinum) and mine doesn't say Priority...

boardingpass.png

I’m not sure about the boarding pass, but I will assure you in January they boarded Diamonds, Suites, Platinum and then Fttf. Not sure about the boarding zone, I don’t think ours listed one. But you will be called before the masses.

5 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m not sure about the boarding pass, but I will assure you in January they boarded Diamonds, Suites, Platinum and then Fttf. Not sure about the boarding zone, I don’t think ours listed one. But you will be called before the masses.

They did the same on Spirit in January.  Though in June (Magic) they did suites first.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, mistyinca said:

I'm sailing MG 3/4 (Platinum) and mine doesn't say Priority...

boardingpass.png

We will also be boarding MG 3/4.  Ours do not say priority either but we just got off the Magic and never stopped walking from the time we arrived at 1015 until getting on the ship.  Did have to open the doors.  Our room steward saw us as we were dropping off our carry ons and gave us our keys. Funny that our arrival times are the same and we are boarding zone A02.

Dave

Got this email yesterday for my cruise on the Freedom in 2 weeks.  We have a suite and it clearly states that we will have access to our cabin when we board the ship.

SUITE UPDATE AND ONLINE CHECK-IN INVITATION

Dear Valued Suite Guest,

As you get ready for your cruise, we want to make you aware of an important update regarding some of your suite priority benefits.  
  • Suite guests will be given 48 hours advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment. Please visit My Cruise Manager on Carnival.com starting at 16 days prior to sailing to complete your Online Check-In and select the Arrival Appointment that works best with your plans. We will not be able to accommodate guests who show up outside their Arrival Appointment.
  • Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in.
  • Once on board, you will be able to access your stateroom.  
  • Priority luggage delivery is available for checked-bags.
  • Priority debark and water shuttle debark is available at the home port and ports of call.
Thank you for your business.  Our great staff and crew can’t wait to welcome you on board!

Sincerely, 

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

I am platinum and am on the Sunrise right now. 

We got on board around 10:30. We walked past the fire doors to drop off our things. No one had an issue with it. 

It said right on our boarding passes that our rooms would not be ready until 1:30, so we weren't expecting anything earlier. 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cruising this Saturday and this was just added to our boarding pass.

When I printed them 2 weeks ago, we did not have the red "priority" in the upper left hand corner.  The also added the foot note about stateroom access after 1:30pm for everyone.  Friend also just off the exact same cruise and confirmed that they are not letting anyone but suites get into their room - and even he could not access his suite right away.

Breeze.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

Got this email yesterday for my cruise on the Freedom in 2 weeks.  We have a suite and it clearly states that we will have access to our cabin when we board the ship.

SUITE UPDATE AND ONLINE CHECK-IN INVITATION

Dear Valued Suite Guest,

As you get ready for your cruise, we want to make you aware of an important update regarding some of your suite priority benefits.  
  • Suite guests will be given 48 hours advance access to select their preferred Arrival Appointment. Please visit My Cruise Manager on Carnival.com starting at 16 days prior to sailing to complete your Online Check-In and select the Arrival Appointment that works best with your plans. We will not be able to accommodate guests who show up outside their Arrival Appointment.
  • Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in.
  • Once on board, you will be able to access your stateroom.  
  • Priority luggage delivery is available for checked-bags.
  • Priority debark and water shuttle debark is available at the home port and ports of call.
Thank you for your business.  Our great staff and crew can’t wait to welcome you on board!

Sincerely, 

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

We received the first email on February 16th saying that we would be allowed into our staterooms.  When I printed my boarding pass that day, they did not have the foot note about the staterooms.  Just checked this evening and now it's been added. 

Guess the February 16th email is old news now.

Platinum.png

Breeze.png

3 hours ago, gone_cruisin said:

We received the first email on February 16th saying that we would be allowed into our staterooms.  When I printed my boarding pass that day, they did not have the foot note about the staterooms.  Just checked this evening and now it's been added. 

Guess the February 16th email is old news now.

Platinum.png

Breeze.png

So there is a difference between a suite guest and a diamond and platinum.  Suite guest can go to there rooms and stay.  I bet that it is because that the cabin stewards can clean the suites first and get them ready, but they might not be able to know which of the rest of the cabins will have a diamond or platinum guest in them.

43 minutes ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

So there is a difference between a suite guest and a diamond and platinum.  Suite guest can go to there rooms and stay.  I bet that it is because that the cabin stewards can clean the suites first and get them ready, but they might not be able to know which of the rest of the cabins will have a diamond or platinum guest in them.

Guess so?

Carnival clearly changed their room admittance policy for platinum/diamond sometime after February 16th.