Largest table in GDR

sunlover12

7 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I'm going to be with a group of 10 on the Nautica in August.  I don't recall if they have a table that large in the GDR.  Does anyone have any experience with this? We may have to split into 2 groups.

Thanks.

They used to have the Captain's table   for 10

Speak to the Maitre'd  when you board

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I'm going to be with a group of 10 on the Nautica in August.  I don't recall if they have a table that large in the GDR.  Does anyone have any experience with this? We may have to split into 2 groups.

Thanks.

Best to split up. Unless yelling one could never hear the conversation from across the table. Even the few eight tops are bad about this. Do a group of 6 & 4, and just rotate around in the evenings.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Unless yelling one could never hear the conversation from across the table.

Seconding pinotlover on that.  Been there at that big circular table; couldn't hear a thing from the other side.  Of course, if everyone in the group sits next to the peeps they like and across from the ones they hate, then it could work out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think I remember an oval table in the GDR that sat 10 (may have only been 8, but I think it was 10).  The problem with an oval table is it makes talking to anyone except next to you or perhaps a person across from you.  I echo the sentiment above -- go with 6 and 4 and rotate.  And change the person you sit next to every time (we even split up as a couple in order to get to talk to others at the table. Confuses those you don't know, but if you're traveling together, would work great.)

And, of course, on Marina and Riviera, there's Privee which seats 10 but involves an extra cost.