Escape Haven OS and DOS questions...

chill6x6

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the OS and DOS on Escape. How's the wind underway?  Are the balconies still usable? Like could we have breakfast on the balcony while underway? Lastly... Is there much ship movement felt in the cabin?  

That's it! Thanks!

The H2 is "The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony"

NCL has renamed the H3 to "The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Balcony" so technically, they're both a DOS. 🤪

For either the H2 or H3, deck 17 has a larger balcony than the equivalent on deck 18. The H2 has an additional side balcony but those are the same size whether deck 17 or deck 18. 

Many people have mentioned the wind while the ship was moving so I wouldn't expect breakfast on a sea day to be enjoyable. Variables such as weather, ship direction, ship speed, etc. play a part.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the OS and DOS on Escape. How's the wind underway?  Are the balconies still usable? Like could we have breakfast on the balcony while underway? Lastly... Is there much ship movement felt in the cabin?  

That's it! Thanks!

We were in a DOSLB last March on Breakaway from NOLA in the Western Caribbean.  We will never book either the DOSLB or the DOS again.  We love balconies and these balconies were unusable due to wind anytime the ship was in motion.  In fact, the crew lashed down the balcony furniture on two separate occasions to prevent it from being blown overboard.  Once they entered our cabin while we were sleeping to do that.  We woke up to find they had done so.  .

You might be able to have breakfast on the balcony sometimes.  For example, if the ship is approaching a port and the ships speed is very low.  On a sea day, I doubt it will be possible.  We noticed no ship movement.

We're on Breakaway again this March in an aft Haven suite.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We were in a DOSLB last March on Breakaway from NOLA in the Western Caribbean.  We will never book either the DOSLB or the DOS again.  We love balconies and these balconies were unusable due to wind anytime the ship was in motion.  In fact, the crew lashed down the balcony furniture on two separate occasions to prevent it from being blown overboard.  Once they entered our cabin while we were sleeping to do that.  We woke up to find they had done so.  .

You might be able to have breakfast on the balcony sometimes.  For example, if the ship is approaching a port and the ships speed is very low.  On a sea day, I doubt it will be possible.  We noticed no ship movement.

We're on Breakaway again this March in an aft Haven suite.  

Thanks! That's what I kind of expected and all I need to know. We too have a deck 9 HA and got the email to bid on the H2.  We're balcony people and that's the reason I picked 9318 to start with. Really it's an unbeatable cabin, just a little inconvenient to the Haven.

Thanks to both of you for the info!

2 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Thanks! That's what I kind of expected and all I need to know. We too have a deck 9 HA and got the email to bid on the H2.  We're balcony people and that's the reason I picked 9318 to start with. Really it's an unbeatable cabin, just a little inconvenient to the Haven.

Thanks to both of you for the info!

Glad I could help.  It's a shame because the DOSLB is a wonderful choice but the unuseable balcony ruins it.  And, no,  the side balcony is also unuseable due  to wind.  I've received several offers to upgrade to DOSLB, DOS, and two BDR family suite.  None of which have the kind of balcony we want.  We'll keep the Aft Haven which has a superior balcony.  

• Like 1