Holland America Alaska Yukon cruise addition

gaplifegirl

Hello there.

I have booked a Holland America cruise from Vancouver. The inside passage on 4th June this year,  we have added to it an additional Yukon tour for 11 days.

Has anyone any experience of this package. Are all the meals included in the 11 days off ship for instance. As we are on and off various modes of transport I don’t want to bring a lot of luggage. As the whole trip ends at a hotel in Vancouver airport can extra unnecessary suitcases be taken there after the cruise ends.

So far there has been very little information about the land expedition, only the cruise.

Thank you everyone 

Gapilfegirl and long suffering husband.

Very few meals are included.  You can purchase a meal plan but it will limit your dining choices to the hotels where you are staying.  We pack a suitcase for the land portion and another with items/clothing for the cruise only.  You may have to take all luggage through points of entry (Canada/US) due to border security issues.   The HAL land crew will handle all your luggage from point to point.  You will find it in your room at each destination.  You will also carry with you a backpack size bag with your personal papers (passport),meds, valuables (i-pad, camera, etc) anything you might need to access during the day.   

We have enjoyed several Yukon adventures with HAL.  You will have a journey host with you and you’ll have a great time!

• Thanks 2

Thank you for that information. I must admit I did expect an evening meal included in the package. But, never mind I will happily go out and try local cuisine providing the hotels we are placed in are not too far off the beaten track as they say.

We are looking forward to what I hope will be amazing 😊.

We are taking the 19 night Ultimate Alaska Cruise Tour.  We have 3 nights on the ship then get off in Skagway for the 10 day land portion and return to Whittier for the 7 nights back to Vancouver.  I can not find much on this.  I do know there is limited food provided as you are on your own except the all day bus trip to get to one point to another.  Then a box lunch is provided.  Looking forward to this tour.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We did the AK/YK 11 day cruise tour last July - 3 days on the ship - Vancouver - Juneau - off in Skagway - then we took the train, went to Whitehorse, Dawson City, Fairbanks, Denali, and then to Anchorage - is that your trip?

We didn't have too many meals included - I think we had a lunch when we were in the bus a full day between Whitehorse and Dawson City, and the lunch when on the Tundra Wilderness tour.  Many of the excursions we booked did include a meal (The Riverboat in Fairbanks - loved it), the dinner show in Denali (the show was hokey but the meal was wonderful), and an ATV trip also in Denali. One of the best restaurants I've eaten at was in Whitehorse (the Klondike Rib and Salmon), and we enjoyed local fare - including two meals at Triple D locations (Diners, Drive Ins and Dives). 

We brought way more stuff than we needed as we pretty much wore the same things EVERY DAY once we were off the ship (as did our travelling companions).  If you have any questions about any of the stops, I would be happy to help 🙂

I see you are from the UK - are you spending any additional time on land in Canada? 

300534856_10160095202931411_720349959218351944_n.jpg

Edited by kickboxrca