Best Snorkeling Tour?

Racer70

What snorkeling tour company do you like and or recommend? We’ll be in Aruba in late June 2023 on RCL’s Mariner of the Seas.

It appears most of the boat tours take you to similar spots: Malmok, Boca Catalina Reefs & the German ship wreck, SS Antilla.

it seems the German ship wreck is in deeper water & sometimes the water can be rough or choppy.

Jolly Pirate with its “rope swing” & Octopus Sailing Charters seem to be popular.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Edited by Racer70

• 2 weeks later...

I HIGHLY recommend Jolly Pirate. It was a blast and they talk you snorkeling around the Boca Catalina area (which is great snorkeling...adventure over toward the rocks by the land). My teen daughter said it was the best day ever (and we vacation in Aruba and have done probably just about everything you can on the island). Check HERE for my review with tons of pictures. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 5:42 PM, Racer70 said:

It appears most of the boat tours take you to similar spots: Malmok, Boca Catalina Reefs & the German ship wreck, SS Antilla.

it seems the German ship wreck is in deeper water & sometimes the water can be rough or choppy.

The locations have been the same on every snorkel excursion we've done in Aruba, either ship-based or arranged from the beach/dock on the day. The scuttled German ship is in deeper water, and it did freak us out a little the first time to be out in the middle of the ocean, but we were wearing float vests and had guides in the water with us. There were also huge schools of fish swimming around us, and a few rather large fish nosing about as well. The water was not particularly rough any of the times we were out farther over the Antilla, and it was amazing to see the scuba divers closer to her decks. It feels like you could just reach down and touch her. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from a cruise and had the BEST time with Octopus Tours.  We did the private snorkel tour, with Geo as our Captain.  Could not have been more accommodating or a better time.  We had one person who had never been snorkeling before and one that is legally blind (spouse).  Geo took his time explaining how to snorkel and made sure she was comfortable before entering the water.  For my spouse he went so far as giving him a line he could hold onto in the water and kept a very close eye on him as the rest of us enjoyed the view. At the German ship he kept my husband entertained and laughing while we swam about.

From the moment we first enquired about the tour till they got us beach chairs after the tour, they were spot on.  

If you want one of the best cruise excursions we have every been on, use Octopus Tours and ask for Geo.    It is worth every penny!!!

• Like 1