Atlantis Submarine (Honolulu)

Mike45LC

I am considering a ship's excursion on the Atlantis Submarine.  I was reading the details about this excursion on the Princess "Personalizer" for my cruise, and I spotted a HUGE conflict in the information.  Princess calls the Atlantis a submarine, but under "Transport type," Princess refers to it as a "Semi-Submersible."  

I've enjoyed a couple of semi-submersible tours before, but they are not the same as a a full submarine.  Does anyone know which one the Atlantis in Honolulu is?   Thanks!

43 minutes ago, markeb said:

I’d consider them submarines. They fully submerge, or did when we did them. If you look at the Atlantis web page, they show full submarines in Waikiki. 

Mark, I saw the Atlantis website and they certainly look like full submarines, but I worry over Princess calling them semi-submersibles on the excursion description -- $250 pp for a one hour semi-submersible ride seems excessive, but most of the Hawaiian excursions seem very pricey.  

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Mark, I saw the Atlantis website and they certainly look like full submarines, but I worry over Princess calling them semi-submersibles on the excursion description -- $250 pp for a one hour semi-submersible ride seems excessive, but most of the Hawaiian excursions seem very pricey.  

It’s been a few years, but it went from bobbing cork to smooth ride when it submerged!  It was a nice experience. Everything’s overpriced in Hawaii. Is it a better deal if you buy from Atlantis and arrange your own transportation? Not sure where the tender docks now. It used to be at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. 

9 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I don’t know why Princess says it is a semi-submersible! 

Because 98% of these tourist excursion "submarines" around the world are semi submersible and the descriptions for these excursions are being written by unpaid interns on behalf of Princess in Carnival's Miami office. 

• Haha 2