Any news re future Ultimate Sale

WESTEAST

1 hour ago, Woofa said:

Sorry to come in in the middle but as far as I understand it, a September, 2024 cruise is not eligible anyway. Only thru april, 2024.

Oops…please excuse my typo that I did not catch before it was too late to correct…thanks. 

Our cruise is in September 2023 and sorry about creating any confusion for anyone. Our November 2024 is not included because as you wrote it’s only valid through April 2024.

• Like 1

Is you are cruising solo, the ultimate sale has a penalty of $400-$1,000 for single travelers in a double stateroom. Take the pp x 2 and the price for single occupancy is more in the 4 cruises I looked at. Huh???

1 hour ago, the more ports the better said:

When my TA’s company called O, they said I could not get the OLife Ultimate added as my cabin category PH2 was sold out. Only categories that have availability are eligible for O life ultimate.  Kind of frustrating!!!

Yes  usually the  new sale deal only works if your cabin category  has availability

• Like 1

‘Now comes the question if Oceania will honor the sale on an already booked cruise.  Any experience with this out there?’

I’ve had one previous experience with this and Oceania did honor the sale on our already booked cruise.

22 minutes ago, Wynterwynd said:

‘Now comes the question if Oceania will honor the sale on an already booked cruise.  Any experience with this out there?’

I’ve had one previous experience with this and Oceania did honor the sale on our already booked cruise.

It depends

If you have a TA ask them to check for you if not call the person you booked with

Do the math & make sure you are not losing any perks you already have

Oceania will honour the sale on an already booked cruise, but you will have to pay the current price for that cruise.  If the price of your cruise was cheaper when you booked, you will have to work out if it is worth paying the current price.

1 hour ago, seascot said:

Oceania will honour the sale on an already booked cruise, but you will have to pay the current price for that cruise.  If the price of your cruise was cheaper when you booked, you will have to work out if it is worth paying the current price.

…and only in case your cabin category isn’t sold out.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wynterwynd said:

I have a cruise ( fully paid for) with 3 segments.  The first and last segment were on the sale.  When I called my Oceania rep, he said the would honor it for the two segments for a small upgrade price.  The next day he called and said they would honor it for the whole cruise. I was a little stunned.  I did the math and I was getting $5800

of ultimate benefits for $1500 upgrade price. The middle section is completely sold out

and they honored the sale.  I had booked for cruise only.  It might not be worth it, if you don’t drink or use the ship tours.  I prefer small private tours, but it was getting difficult to find anything in Spain or France.   We also always have wine with dinner.  I’m sure we can use the SBC for gratuities etc.  it worked out for us.

7 minutes ago, judi666 said:

... I did the math and I was getting $5800 of ultimate benefits for $1500 upgrade price. The middle section is completely sold out and they honored the sale.  I had booked for cruise only....

Though you must have booked when the segments weren't on sale. For our 20-night Med B2B we booked cruise only while on sale in 2022. Our cabins $2300 cheaper, in toto, than currently ($800 & $1500 respectively), so we'd lose actual $ given that other than paying gratuities off, the rest of it is at best for us 30-50 cents on the dollar. (We bring our own alcohol on board and do our own excursions.)

But is a reminder to ALWAYS pay attention to O sales as they cycle thru the year and go from year to year. O seems to love to force its cruisers to do constant math and keep their eyes wide open for sales.

On 3/6/2023 at 7:03 AM, seascot said:

You are absolutely correct. I am on a BtoB cruise 40 days Nautica Singapore to Barcelona next May. The price has significantly increased since I booked it (+ €2,500 per pax). When asking Oceania to add the Olife Ultimate to my booking I was answered that I need to pay the current price thus adding €2,500 per person. And my estimate of the additional perk through Olife Ultimate was ... €2,500 per person! As a consequence, I changed nothing to my booking.