Spending OBC on dining and drinks

perakcruiser

First time Celebrity cruiser here, things seem to be a little bit different on Celebrity.

They offer a big amount of OBC to spend, we probably will spend it only on speciality dining and drinks.

Some questions:

1. If I prebook a dining package, let´s say for 3 nights, will they add any extra gratuities on board? 

2. In "Plan my cruise" there are no things like "Classic Wine Package-Starting From: $109 (3, 5 or 7 bottle selections)" available. Has this been discontinued (it is still on the website here https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/things-to-do-onboard/cruise-activities/Art/wine-packages)

3. In "Gifts & Gear" there are some attractive wins available. If I book this, can I use it at dinner? Or do I have to consume in the stateroom? I guess (hope) no corkage fee with bottles bought from them.

Thanks for any help! 

1.  The gratuity will be added to the price when you purchase a dining package, no added gratuity once on board.

2.  They reduced the number of beverage packages and it appears the bottles of wine packages may be among those discontinued.  You can bring 2 bottles ( per adult, max 4 per cabin) on board with you.  If you do not have a beverage package you will be charged $25 corkage if you take them to a dining room or restaurant, no charge to consume in your cabin.  If you do have the Classic or Premium beverage package then you can take your bottle(s) to dinner and there will not be a corkage fee.

Not sure about #3.  Probably no corkage but not sure about gratuity.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

3. In "Gifts & Gear" there are some attractive wins available. If I book this, can I use it at dinner? Or do I have to consume in the stateroom? I guess (hope) no corkage fee with bottles bought from them.

I believe these are just delivered to your room and treated in the same way as if you brought them on board (i.e., corkage fee only if you don't have a package).

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

You can bring 2 bottles ( per adult, max 4 per cabin) on board with you.  If you do not have a beverage package you will be charged $25 corkage if you take them to a dining room or restaurant, no charge to consume in your cabin.

Yes, that is very nice, "cabin wine" is a must 🙂 

19 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I believe these are just delivered to your room and treated in the same way as if you brought them on board (i.e., corkage fee only if you don't have a package).

We don´t have a drinks package, the prices look totally unattractive and the big OBC is perfect for buying the drinks. With the corkage fee these "Gifts & Gear" wines are pretty useless, then it would be much cheaper to buy a bottle in the restaurant. By the way, you don´t need to finish a bottle, the keep it for you for the next dinner, right?