Cruise accessories and celebration decorations

JeannyJ

Our first cruise is in July (Alaska 12-19 on the Volendam) and I know it's too soon to do any real shopping so I'm busy making lists of what we'll need and linking to where I can get them online or in a store. I've pegged onto some great places for personalized door signs and magnets so now I'm wanting to find a place where I can get, and personalize, lanyards or card holders. I'm also looking for ideas for decorations for our 25th anniv (day 3) that will be allowed. We're going to get a bunch of LED candles and our kids are getting us the Happy Anniversary package (flowers, balloons, and a photo credit). We're in Juneau that afternoon/evening so I don't want to get too overboard but I'd still like to do something in our room and to our door if I can. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas, tips and links you can give.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Do the Renewal of Vows package.  It really is memorable.

We would love to but it's just outside of our budget. Our TA said she'd tell HAL about our anniv and see if there's a way we could do a renewal without the package but so far we haven't heard back from her. We are planning to have a renewal ceremony at some point but it'll probably have to wait until our whole family is home at the end of the summer ... our kids are travelling at the same time we are.

Each cruise line has dos and don't for door decorations - here are a few, but not HAL - though I know  while they don't actively encourage them, but also do not actively discourage them either when  they are in reason.

Fire hazards and interference with staff cleaning equipment are no-nos on any cruise line, as well as marring walls, doors or frames.   The upside, simple door decorations can offer very helpful guideposts for other passengers when locating their own cabins:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/~/decorating-your-stateroom-door-and-stateroom

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Each cruise line has dos and don't for door decorations - here are a few, but not HAL - though I know  while they don't actively encourage them, but also do not actively discourage them either when  they are in reason.

Fire hazards and interference with staff cleaning equipment are no-nos on any cruise line, as well as marring walls, doors or frames.   The upside, simple door decorations can offer very helpful guideposts for other passengers when locating their own cabins:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/~/decorating-your-stateroom-door-and-stateroom

Yeah I knew it has to be flat and held on with a magnet. That's part of the reason I'm having trouble nailing something down. I've seen lots of pics on Google and Pinterest of doors that have stuff on the frames and even hanging from the ceiling for celebrations. But I'm not really interested in something more than a simple sign on the door with our names and anniversary. I've got magnets of whales, etc for notes and stuff that will be used in our room, and have my eye on a white board for the door the rest of the week but I want to make our anniversary special in case the crew doesn't actually get the message.

20 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Do the Renewal of Vows package.  It really is memorable.

Was thinking about it, but we are travelling in a group and would have to phone to purchase "invitations" for our friends to attend the ceremony. Wondering if you know how much that might be?

27 minutes ago, lavictoria said:

Was thinking about it, but we are travelling in a group and would have to phone to purchase "invitations" for our friends to attend the ceremony. Wondering if you know how much that might be?

Sorry, I have no idea since they increased the price of the RoV's.  

We have done it twice and really enjoyed it both times.  There was enough hors d'oeuvres and bits available that made it almost unnecessary to have dinner afterwards.  and Prosecco.

The price includes dinner for the couple at Pinnacle Grill, but you can schedule the dinner for a different night.  On both occasions we had the Pinnacle Grill dinner earlier in the cruise.  The last time we did RoV we received the photo print (our choice) and 5 or 6 other images on a usb stick.

• Thanks 1