Help Me Decide on A Tour from Cannes

Macdooger4

11 hours ago, Travel To Be Free said:

Do the Tenders drop off at Port de Cannes -  Service Commerce on the Google Map? 

If so then it would be on the side of Cannes close to the Le Suquet, is this correct?

Does this map help?  I put a circle more or less where we stopped. One of our trips we wanted to go to Sainte Marguerite.  It was literally a hop skip and jump from the tender point.  Obviously things can change. CECA08CB-9632-4384-94AB-B9A501C96AAA.thumb.jpeg.20433942a218f7cb57419713929c776e.jpeg

• Like 1

I have been to Cannes on Liberty of the Seas and Norwegian Epic.    The tender trip was short, no idea how long, maybe 10 minutes (I was enjoying the journey so not watching the clock).  Getting ashore depends on how early you can get a ticket for a tender.   That is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ type situation.     We have always gone straight on to public transport so not sure what folk do.  

Our arrival is 8:30 AM.   As we won’t be on a ship tour, will try our best to be on the first set of tenders to board with just normal que tender numbers (if we’re lucky).    But if we aren’t lucky to get on the first few groups, just wondering how long it takes them to get the majority of guests off the ship.   10 or closer to 11??

This really is not a question that I would have enough information to provide an answer.  Maybe you could ask someone else on the sailings before yours.  In your place I would be hoping to get off within an hour, but have backup plans for your itinerary in case you take longer.  

• 10 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 5:31 AM, ollienbertsmum said:

I have been to Cannes on Liberty of the Seas and Norwegian Epic.    The tender trip was short, no idea how long, maybe 10 minutes (I was enjoying the journey so not watching the clock).  Getting ashore depends on how early you can get a ticket for a tender.   That is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ type situation.     We have always gone straight on to public transport so not sure what folk do.  

What tour did you do in Cannes? Having a really hard time finding a place to see reviews on the tours available. TIA

It took us a little over an hour to get off the ship.  I then prebooked a gentleman who took us to St Paul De Vence....  beautiful if you've never been, google pictures.  His name, I believe, was Jean Newman.  His email is: newman.vtc.chauffeur@gmail.com.  He picked us up at the dock at 10.  It took 45 minutes to get to St Paul DeVence.  We toured the town and had a nice lunch.  Then he picked us up at 3.  45 minutes back to Cannes and he dropped us off at Cathedral Plaza in Le Suquet-the old town on hill above Cannes.  That was the end of our time with the driver.    We went into the Cathedral, took pictures by the CANNES sign and then walked down through old Le Suquet.  We then walked back through the bottom part of Cannes, along the bay, and back to the ship.  A great day.  

I am preparing my DIY at Cannes with my family.

Plans are to have late breakfast and not to be the first to have a tender. I expect not having problems with queues for tender.

Walking around
- Port
- Rue de Saint Antoine and Rue du Suquet
- Trav de la Tour until church and Cannes castle (in this way we will cross Le Suquet without big slopes
- walk down to the port
- Forville Market
- and going to La Croisette

and hope to arrive back to the ship for lunch.

I have surfed... may we do not want to walk back to the ship, there's a bus along La Croisette every 15 minutes to the ship

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alserrod said:

I am preparing my DIY at Cannes with my family.

Plans are to have late breakfast and not to be the first to have a tender. I expect not having problems with queues for tender.

Walking around
- Port
- Rue de Saint Antoine and Rue du Suquet
- Trav de la Tour until church and Cannes castle (in this way we will cross Le Suquet without big slopes
- walk down to the port
- Forville Market
- and going to La Croisette

and hope to arrive back to the ship for lunch.

I have surfed... may we do not want to walk back to the ship, there's a bus along La Croisette every 15 minutes to the ship

Your day sounds pretty much like our first day trip to Cannes.  It was really enjoyable and a relaxing day after a couple of long port days.  Don’t miss the handprints of famous people in front of the film festival building. 

• Like 1

Just now, ollienbertsmum said:

Your day sounds pretty much like our first day trip to Cannes.  It was really enjoyable and a relaxing day after a couple of long port days.  Don’t miss the handprints of famous people in front of the film festival building. 

I will!!!. A photo over Congress Palace is a must, obviously.

I will have four ports of call, one day at sea and another one.

I guess first four ports.... everyone will require to wake up earlier and arriving tired than day before

And Cannes is the first

• Like 1