Chankanaab - Buy admission in advance or at the park?

GSRDPM

Hi everyone.  My party of 8 (All from my office) will be in Cozumel on April 1st while on a 4 day cruise on the Adventure of the Seas.  It seems that there will only be 3 ships in port that day - Us and the Carnival Valor and Paradise so it is a relatively light day. 

My usual "go to" on Cozumel is the 6 hour Tucan Sailing Adventure, but on this trip, while I am treating my staff to the cruise, I am not paying for any off ship activities so I have let them pick the activity. They have decided they wish to go to Chankanaab as most of them just want to relax on a beach and a few may want to do other activities such as the Zip lining or Dolphin experience. 

Is it necessary or desirable to book the passes in advance or should we just buy them on site if that is an option? (What if the weather is lousy?)  I have read that the AI food options are pretty bad and it is better to just buy the admission and purchase food and drink separately. 

Any advice?

There is usually a $2 off coupon online and agree with PAYG and seeing what the weather is like. 

With that said, we have done that but we also purchased package through the ship once when it was on sale since it included transport so worth comparing.

I am not sure if zip lining has resumed? Perhaps someone can comment - I know the kids xtrem (zipline/ paintball) wasn’t available last time I checked.