Getting early dining at specialty dining.

Madhatter12

This is the first time I have cruise on ncl. I just booked on encore for a repositioning cruise in may out of Los Angeles to Vancouver. I try doing reservations for the steakhouse and all the reservations are for 8:30 to 9:00 I  usually eat around 5 to 6 pm. I am traveling solo is there anyway I can get dinner reservations for around 5:30 or 6 pm? We have only one port of call, and that is Thursday in Vancouver with an overnight stay. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the reservation.  From what I understand there will be more dining slots opened up on boarding day so just make the reservation as soon as you get onboard with one of those touch screen kiosks.

And as a solo diner I've found that the dining room staff have always managed to find me a table within a reasonable time, especially with early or late seating.

45 minutes ago, Madhatter12 said:

This is the first time I have cruise on ncl. I just booked on encore for a repositioning cruise in may out of Los Angeles to Vancouver. I try doing reservations for the steakhouse and all the reservations are for 8:30 to 9:00 I  usually eat around 5 to 6 pm. I am traveling solo is there anyway I can get dinner reservations for around 5:30 or 6 pm? We have only one port of call, and that is Thursday in Vancouver with an overnight stay. 

Dining reservations opened 120 days prior to departure on January 1st (130 days for Suites, 125 days for Club rooms and top-tier NCL members). If you only see late times, the early reservations are already sold out. 

21 days to departure (~April 10) at 12 midnight eastern time, log on and complete your check-in. At the same time, make show reservations so you know when to book dinners. 

On embarkation day, quickly head over to Teppanyaki (Deck 6 mid-ship) and make dining reservations. Some tables in all restaurants are held for on-board bookings, but early dinners will sell out quickly.  You can also make additional entertainment reservations in The Social (Deck 6 mid-ship). You can book the main theater shows (Choir of Man) and comedy shows (early shows are family oriented, late shows are 18+). You can also book things like go karts, laser tag, and Canvas by U painting. 

Because it is a short cruise (1) there will likely be fewer people on board but,,, (2) the demand for restaurants and entertainment may be a lot higher, because there are fewer nights. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1