New To MSC With Questions

GoldenZoo

We have our first MSC cruise coming up in May out of Port Canaveral on Seaside.  It has been 30 years since we cruised out of Port Canaveral.  We find Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal easy to drop off and park…how does Port Canaveral compare?

Seaside will overnight at Ocean Cay on the second night, which is usually a sailing’s first formal night.  Does anybody know what the dress code is for that night?

Does Seaside have the system of keeping your card in the slot to keep the lights on in your cabin?

We purchased the Fun Pass.  Is there any activity it does not include?  And do you need to make reservations for any activities?

Although shows are free some cruise lines require you to make reservations…does MSC?  And are any shows not free?

We are not yet at 60 days prior to sailing and the app is not really that informative…hoping that changes at 60 days.

Regarding MSC customer service, I have experienced those agents who seem to know nothing as well as those agents who are both knowledgeable and helpful.  So I concur with others who say it is hit-or-miss.  Our kids decided to surprise us by paying the balance on our cruise.  The first agent said it was impossible - the second agent got it done without any issue.

Thank you in advance for any information you provide.

We sailed Seaside twice in 2019.  Really liked it.  Yes to card in slot but ac seemed to work no matter what.

Dress up not too much.  We just sailed Mera out of PC and really didn't see much other than white night.

The app on phone does pretty much nothing until you are on the ship.  If you want to book something, either use a computer or call.

Shows are free on Seaside.  We made our reservations at an onboard kiosk, when we did our credit card registration.  It was quick and easy, even for people like us who have never used an ATM or smartphone.

We are looking at May cruises on Seaside, too. I can't answer your question about timing of formal nights, but I would note that on our previous Seaside cruises, more people did dress up on those nights than on some of the other mainstream lines. White night also had a lot of participation.

Let me answer below...

Quote:

We have our first MSC cruise coming up in May out of Port Canaveral on Seaside.  It has been 30 years since we cruised out of Port Canaveral.  We find Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal easy to drop off and park…how does Port Canaveral compare? Yes there is parking at the terminal

Seaside will overnight at Ocean Cay on the second night, which is usually a sailing’s first formal night.  Does anybody know what the dress code is for that night? Nice dress for women, Suit or collared shirt for men (think a bit dressy-but you can just wear nice apparel as well-they will not allow shorts in the DR on formal nights)

Does Seaside have the system of keeping your card in the slot to keep the lights on in your cabin? Yes and it must be their card because it reads the chip in the card.

We purchased the Fun Pass.  Is there any activity it does not include?  And do you need to make reservations for any activities? No and no....

Although shows are free some cruise lines require you to make reservations…does MSC?  And are any shows not free? Yes you can do this at a kiosk or on your MSC for Me app. It really becomes alive when you are on the ship-all shows are free on the Sea Class ships.

We are not yet at 60 days prior to sailing and the app is not really that informative…hoping that changes at 60 days. Yes it needs to be on the ship to activate

Regarding MSC customer service, I have experienced those agents who seem to know nothing as well as those agents who are both knowledgeable and helpful.  So I concur with others who say it is hit-or-miss.  Our kids decided to surprise us by paying the balance on our cruise.  The first agent said it was impossible - the second agent got it done without any issue. Sadly I concur.... They just brought in a bunch of new hires and are still working on training.... 

Thank you in advance for any information you provide.