Getting from Trieste Port to Venice airport

Stellamom

Definitely doable.  Here is our experience in October.  I sort of cut and pasted it from a LIVE thread I had going at the time.

We purchased the HAL transfer from Trieste to VCE.  The ticket showed 7:30am; the Navigator app showed 7:15am; and the luggage tags showed 7:45am from our Disembarkation Pack.  We opted to go with the luggage tag time and eventually departed the terminal at 8:15am.  There may have been earlier busses but, since HAL had our departure information, I trusted them with the arrangements.

As we had arrived in Trieste the day before there were no special disembarkation procedures to go through as Customs & Immigration were already done.  We just walked off the ship, grabbed our luggage, then proceeded to the bus.  This picture of the busses was taken from our balcony on the ship so you can see it’s not very far.

EC867940-17FD-4E3D-927D-1A4058E4B5BE.thumb.jpeg.f541c1fb4a4a36c074774b08567503bb.jpeg

It was a pleasant drive through the countryside through very light traffic and, door to door, took two hours and 5 minutes.  When I say “door to door” I don’t actually mean that.  The bus parks a distance from the airport terminal and you have about a 5+ minute walk to get there.  There is no one to help, and no luggage carts, so you will need to be able to manage it yourself.

The airline check-in counter opened up 3 hours before departure for my sister (arrival in London) and two hours for myself (arrival in Paris).  Perhaps someone else will be along to comment  on their own experiences in case you are flying straight across the pond.

I see you have mistakenly posted on the Cruise News Board so hopefully the mods will move it to The HAL Board.  (I’ll “report” it after I hit reply.)  Welcome to Cruise Critic!  

Thank you.

We panicked about not being able to make the flight, so we changed our return flight for the next morning. I know that I would have been a nervous wreck the whole time about whether or not we would make the flight home!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We altered our plans due to being so stressed about making our flight.

We will stay another night and sightsee in Venice (already been here, but there is always something new to discover).

Our port day in Trieste, we are doing an excursion thru HAL and going to Slovenia. My mother-in-law, who is traveling with us, has never been so we will mark this country off of her list.