Snorkeling-Money Bar or Sky Reef?

houseflipper48

They are both good.  Overall, I'd pick Sky reef solely because there is shaded areas and loungers.  Last time we were at money bar, there were only loungers for the hotel guests apparently.  

Something my husband and I have done 2x and only because we have our own snorkeling stuff, was to rent bikes and rode first to Money Bar then to Sky Reef then back to port.  It was a lot of fun.

Another option if you'd like to do both is to rent a car.  However its really easy to arrange a cab at both.

I have stayed at Fiesta Americana which is right next to the Money Bar.  You can do a drift snorkel from the Money Bar to Fiesta and walk back.  

Both places have excellent food.

• Like 1

I would definitely pick Sky Reef. We had the most beautiful experience snorkeling there. There were so MANY beautiful different colored sea fans there and I had never witnessed anything like it. We loved it there.  You can find pictures on my blog HERE of the Sky Reef so you can see what we were able to see there. Simply gorgeous. 

I know a lot of people think the Money Bar has excellent snorkeling, but when we went, I didn't find it as impressive as I (personally) expected. HERE is my review with pictures of the Money Bar. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 7:04 PM, mitsugirly said:

I would definitely pick Sky Reef. We had the most beautiful experience snorkeling there.

** Agree ** (Although I've never been to Money Bar), but I just went to Sky Reef last week because of the pictures and description you gave online. THANK YOU so much!!!!

It looked exactly the same as your pictures - beautiful!! - and I wouldn't have looked so closely for all the small stuff if you hadn't mentioned those things. It's now my new second-favorite place to snorkel...after Tahiti (!)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2023 at 8:26 PM, NeedToVacation said:

** Agree ** (Although I've never been to Money Bar), but I just went to Sky Reef last week because of the pictures and description you gave online. THANK YOU so much!!!!

It looked exactly the same as your pictures - beautiful!! - and I wouldn't have looked so closely for all the small stuff if you hadn't mentioned those things. It's now my new second-favorite place to snorkel...after Tahiti (!)

That’s awesome! So glad you liked it. It’s such a beautiful area. Did you find any of the flamingo tongue snails on the fans?

4 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

That’s awesome! So glad you liked it. It’s such a beautiful area. Did you find any of the flamingo tongue snails on the fans?

I think so -  there were a couple of those Christmas tree-looking things attached to the fans. I don't bring along an underwater camera, so I have to go by memory. (And I don't know the names of most of the things I see, just descriptions!)

On 3/8/2023 at 6:04 PM, mitsugirly said:

I would definitely pick Sky Reef. We had the most beautiful experience snorkeling there. There were so MANY beautiful different colored sea fans there and I had never witnessed anything like it. We loved it there.  You can find pictures on my blog HERE of the Sky Reef so you can see what we were able to see there. Simply gorgeous. 

I know a lot of people think the Money Bar has excellent snorkeling, but when we went, I didn't find it as impressive as I (personally) expected. HERE is my review with pictures of the Money Bar. 

What kind of camera do you use to get those great close up pics?