Free Bar Tab Sailor Loot $600

neverland1

22 minutes ago, neverland1 said:

new to Virgin cruises how does the bar tab work please ?

It's a credit applied to your bill which can be used for bar purchases (alcoholic beverages, mocktails, specialty coffees and fresh pressed juices)  Use it or lose it. If you spend more than the bar tab, you'll be charged for the difference at the end of the cruise. You can prepay for additional bar tabs in $300 increments and get a bonus $50 added on for each $300 you buy.  

Bar Tabs may be purchased up to 11:59:59 p.m. the day before the voyage sets sail.

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Your title needs to change.

There is no sailer loot via referrals anymore. There is no longer any $600 deal.

Bar tab sometimes gives extra bucks.  Right now it is prepay $300 and they give you $50 extra so you then have $350 prepaid.

If you do not do this, you just pay for drinks normally.

25 minutes ago, garycarla said:

There is no sailer loot via referrals anymore. There is no longer any $600 deal.

Bar tab sometimes gives extra bucks.  Right now it is prepay $300 and they give you $50 extra so you then have $350 prepaid.

The Bar Tab promo was extended through at least the end of March, so the title is fine.  It's still $300 for sailings under 7 days and $600 for 7+ days.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, garycarla said:

There is no longer any $600 deal.

There is, if you book in March you get up to $600 in bar tab. 

but yes OP needs to know that’s bar tab and can only be spent on beverages (hot, cold, alcoholic). 

loot can be spent on anything but there is currently no general offers giving it, but if you book onboard you do get bonus loot.

• Like 1

Booking on board gets the $600 loot offering. Some TAs buy the max allowed (8) rebooking on board future cruise certificates and then resell them to customers, so you can sometimes get these without a. previous sailing or where you didn't buy on.  Future cruise certificates are transferable, so any friend who is sailing can buy one in your name (if you provide them the info and credit card number) or sell you one after the fact.

The bar tab offer has been extended thru March, so any new 2023 booking during March will include the bar tab offer.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, cantgetin said:

The bar tab offer has been extended thru March, so any new 2023 booking during March will include the bar tab offer.

So, if I book before EOM for a TA in October I would qualify for the $600 bar tab or does it only apply to cruises completed before 3/31?

Currently the bar tab is good on cruises booked by March 31 and sailed by the end of 2023.  Shorter cruises get $300 bar tab, 7 nights and longer get $600 bar tab.  So yes, I'll see you in October

• Thanks 1

we are looking at a transatlantic cruise in 2024, Virgin Voyages web site has a banner advertising "600 in value with every voyage" which is boldly displayed while selecting cabin. If you call  Virgin.....oh sorry..... its only for 2023voyages,  Virgin needs to correct this as soley using the website I would have purchased this voyage thinking I would be entitled to 600 in loot. Very misleading.

2 hours ago, BernieTT said:

"600 in value with every voyage"

No one is sure what VV has in store going forward. Maybe VV isn't sure.  The 600 in value you saw might be a reference to the 50% off the second-mate deal going on at this time.  Who knows?

VV, we know you read these comments... help us out here!

3 hours ago, BernieTT said:

we are looking at a transatlantic cruise in 2024, Virgin Voyages web site has a banner advertising "600 in value with every voyage" which is boldly displayed while selecting cabin. If you call  Virgin.....oh sorry..... its only for 2023voyages,  Virgin needs to correct this as soley using the website I would have purchased this voyage thinking I would be entitled to 600 in loot. Very misleading.

The “$600 in value with every voyage” has been part of their marketing from the beginning and is not referring to the bar tab promo. It’s referring to the included gratuities, essential bevs, wifi, specialty dining, etc. If you add up what you would pay on other cruise lines those benefits, they come up with the $600 in value.  The bar tab promo is a whole other value add for 2023. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BernieTT said:

A s above, the $600 in value refers to the gratuitites , basic bevvies, and wifi that is included on each VV cruise.  THe gratuities alone would be over $200 per person on any other cruise line on a 14/15 night TA.

The $300/600 bar tab and various loot offers are in addition to the $600 value.

3 hours ago, cheryl8503 said:

Does anyone think VV will have a "buy $300 bar tab and get $100"?

Does it matter what we think?  What really matters is whether they do it or not.  Currently Sea Rovers get the $100 bonus with a $300 purchase for 2 years.

My guess is that they will come up with the $100 bonus some time after the current "free" offer disappears.  It will all depend on how well they are filling ships and how sales of things like bar tabs are going.  The bar tab $50 or $100 doesn't really cost them much because there is already a significant profit on drinks.  So if they give you $100 extra on the package, if you use every penny, they gave you 25% off but their profit margin is more than 50%.

• Like 1

Lots of "sharing" but here is the REAL ANSWER.  There is a $600 bar tab deal promotion.

Direct Quote from Virgin Website

WHAT YOU GET
  • 50% off your 2nd Sailor’s 2023 voyage
  • Up to $600 in premium drinks for you to share for 7 (or more) night voyages per cabin
  • Up to $300 in premium drinks sailing 6 nights or less per cabin
  • Over $600 of value including 20+ eateries, group fitness, tips, and more
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 9:38 AM, garycarla said:

Just got the $600 sailor loot today. It's alive and well.

Bar tab always has a bonus,. the only question is how large the bonus is.  I've seen it range from $50 to $125 with purchase of a $300.

The $600 loot is part of the rebooking on board offer and is still available.  This is also true if you buy. a future cruise certificate rather than choosing a date while on board. Whether it is available in other ways depends on what the current promotion happens to be when you book.  I would expect that as the ships sail more full, the promos will decrease.

On 3/8/2023 at 4:55 AM, BernieTT said:

The $600 in value refers to all the onboard inclusions. WiFi, Meals, Gratuities, Soft Drinks and Exercise Classes. It's been part of their marketing since the beginning. The "$600 In Value" is your clue this is not an add-on. 

On 3/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, bloodyen said:

FYI those dates aren't completely accurate. For example, the 2024 dates are only for the Resillient Lady. Tried to book 2024 Brilliant Lady with the promo but they said it didn't apply so I backed out.

The Bar Tab promo ONLY applies to 2023 sailings. Nothing for 2024 sailings at this time. 

"All Sea Terrace and below categories are eligible for this offer, which ends on March 31st, 2023. Sailors on any 2023 voyage receive a free $300 Bar Tab per cabin — or $600 for voyages that are 7+ days."

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Like 1