Wifi on the Jade

nycteacher

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to the Free at Sea Plus package for my Greek Isles/Israel cruise in August on the Jade.  I can't wait! I'm curious if others know how strong the wifi is on the Jade.  I realize that it may depend on the ship's geography as the wifi may be satellite based. I did a similar itinerary last year on the Gem and I had zero problems with the wifi signal.  I'm hoping for a similar experience this year.

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, nycteacher said:

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to the Free at Sea Plus package for my Greek Isles/Israel cruise in August on the Jade.  I can't wait! I'm curious if others know how strong the wifi is on the Jade.  I realize that it may depend on the ship's geography as the wifi may be satellite based. I did a similar itinerary last year on the Gem and I had zero problems with the wifi signal.  I'm hoping for a similar experience this year.

Thanks!

It really depends on your signal location and how many people are using it at any given time. On the Gem it was fairly dependable, especially in the morning when many people are sleeping. I only had the basic internet and was able to audio FaceTime ( no video… audio only) without any issues.

My daughter and I did a trans Atlantic on Jade back in 2019, it was a working vaca for her and she had to log in for meetings etc, she did work through a vpn, not sure if that makes a difference but she had zero issues even in the middle of the Atlantic