Flying into MCO, cruising out of PC - Shuttle Questions (GoPort)

sacteach

Hello! My flight arrives at MCO around 7pm on Saturday evening and my cruise departs from Port Canaveral on Sunday (NCL Prima). I have a reservation at an airport area hotel with a free airport shuttle. I'm looking into booking GoPort to get to the cruise ship on Sunday morning but debating two options. My goal is to get to the ship as early as possible.

Option 1) Take the airport shuttle for $30. The website says that the first shuttle leaves at 10am. I'm not sure how early I should get there to be on that first shuttle - is there normally a line? Does it fill quickly or could we be sitting around waiting for a long time? 

Option 2) Take the shuttle that picks you up at your hotel for $35. It says that you'll be picked up between 9:30-10:30am, but you won't know what stop you are until that morning. The $5 is insignificant, I just wasn't sure how many stops it made and if it might get there faster than the shuttle leaving from the airport.

I'm only using GoPort (or possibly another company) one-way as I'll use the NCL shuttle to go back to MCO.

Check with Cruise Control (888) 416-8830...However let me suggest using them round trip instead of the NCL shuttle for your return. Should be less expensive and on your timeframe.

• Like 1

Your goal is to get to the ship as early as possible. I suggest to avoid shuttles and use Uber /Lyft from the hotel.

GoPort uses a large bus. It takes time to load 40 plus folks and there is no telling how long it will take regardless of the start point.

On 3/6/2023 at 7:17 AM, SteerageJoe said:

Your goal is to get to the ship as early as possible. I suggest to avoid shuttles and use Uber /Lyft from the hotel.

GoPort uses a large bus. It takes time to load 40 plus folks and there is no telling how long it will take regardless of the start point.

Fair point, but as a solo traveler, I'd honestly rather save some money if I can. $30 compared to $60-$75 which is what I've seen is the average price for a Lyft. But, it could definitely be an option. If I were traveling with someone else, I'd definitely take Lyft/Uber as I'd be splitting the cost. 

6 hours ago, sacteach said:

Fair point, but as a solo traveler, I'd honestly rather save some money if I can. $30 compared to $60-$75 which is what I've seen is the average price for a Lyft. But, it could definitely be an option. If I were traveling with someone else, I'd definitely take Lyft/Uber as I'd be splitting the cost. 

Yip, makes sense. My next suggestion is to take the free hotel shuttle back to MCO and take the earliest shared shuttle van you can find.

GoPort departs at 10am or as soon thereafter but with a big bus to fill
Cruise Control has a 9:30am I believe for $25. 
Airport Canaveral shuttle has a 8am for $20 when I last checked on busy cruise days.

There are others too. Most shuttle vans try to fill the van before departure so there can be a 30 min window after the scheduled departure time. Just be aware of that.

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 2