Eurovision NCL

OliverSwe

Hi!

I will be on the NCL Epic when the finale of Eurovision is aired. I remember that they showed a lot of live sports on my last cruise but I've been trying to find information about Eurovision. I emailed NCL and they said they didnt know and I should ask the help desk when I board the ship. If they don't air it i would need to get the streaming wifi so would be nice to know before setting sail since its cheaper to prebook 🙂

Has anyone sailed earlier years and remember if they show it anywhere on the ship? I also asked if I could get in contact with the entertainment manager on the ship but they couldnt do that unfortunately

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Programs shown on NCL TV are limited to begin with so I wouldn't count on it. There are a few news channels, movies and sports (could be soccer, football, golf etc) and that's it.

Do they get in any local stations where they sail? Will be sailing the mediterranian, will they get in any spanish/italian channels or even the BBC?

Only a few.

I`ve been on the epic in the med and as far as i remember they had hardly any local TV stations available.

And even if they have it might be that these specific stations don`t broadcast the Eurovision song contest.

21 hours ago, OliverSwe said:

Do they get in any local stations where they sail? Will be sailing the mediterranian, will they get in any spanish/italian channels or even the BBC?

BBC news is one of the regular channels (also MSNBC, Fox and CNBC). Nothing local while sailing.

On 3/6/2023 at 7:18 AM, OliverSwe said:

They had a Spanish channel on the Epic transatlantic from Lisbon last December. They had the Kids version and I saw it.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, OliverSwe said:

Hi!

I will be on the NCL Epic when the finale of Eurovision is aired. I remember that they showed a lot of live sports on my last cruise but I've been trying to find information about Eurovision. I emailed NCL and they said they didnt know and I should ask the help desk when I board the ship. If they don't air it i would need to get the streaming wifi so would be nice to know before setting sail since its cheaper to prebook 🙂

Has anyone sailed earlier years and remember if they show it anywhere on the ship? I also asked if I could get in contact with the entertainment manager on the ship but they couldnt do that unfortunately

When we did a Mediterranean cruise with NCL in May 2019, and the only place we could watch the Eurovison finale on board, was in our stateroom. It was one of the European channels offered, and it was not English spoken (could have been Spanish, but unfortunately I don't remember anything specific. But as the finale is usually broadcasted bi- or tri-lingual anyway, that was not a problem. 

I don't know who the cruise director will be on the Epic in May, but I would find them a few days before the finals and suggest that they schedule a viewing party on the big screen in the Atrium or at Spice H2O. If it's all Americans on board they might not see the point, but otherwise it should definitely attract a fun crowd, and be good for evening atmosphere, bar sales, etc.

On 3/6/2023 at 3:35 AM, OliverSwe said:

Hi!

I can only say that during the transatlantic cruise we took on the Epic last December, they showed World Cup matches all the time. Plenty of Spanish language programming (RTVE, aka 'real' Spanish). 😉