Size of Celebrity Excursions/Greece

HBLm3

Hi. We will be going on a cruise through the Greek islands in October on the Reflection. I am trying to decide private/local vs Celebrity excursions. Celebrity does not list the size of their excursions (regular, Captain curated or small group), nor are they rated. Some of the private tours will be quite pricey for 2 people, so I am trying to determine if it is worth (for example) $585 for the 2 of us to have a private tour of Olympia rather than going on the Captain Curated for $300 or the Destination Highlight for $116. If anyone could give me a sense of how large these different types of Celebrity excursions are that would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

17 minutes ago, HBLm3 said:

Hi. We will be going on a cruise through the Greek islands in October on the Reflection. I am trying to decide private/local vs Celebrity excursions. Celebrity does not list the size of their excursions (regular, Captain curated or small group), nor are they rated. Some of the private tours will be quite pricey for 2 people, so I am trying to determine if it is worth (for example) $585 for the 2 of us to have a private tour of Olympia rather than going on the Captain Curated for $300 or the Destination Highlight for $116. If anyone could give me a sense of how large these different types of Celebrity excursions are that would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Have checked your roll call for any tours ? 
I would go with local tours 

I did Greek isles last year. I think (I’d have to check when home) I did a captain’s curated and a small group. I would say both were a pretty decent size not really what I’d consider small. 

Personally I would say if you have the money doing a private tour may be better - I think you’d get more details and it’s just you and the guide. Just check when they’d get you back to the ship. 

For a ship tour, I would automatically assume at least 45-50 folks per bus for a regular tour. And you move along at the slowest person's speed. Celebrity doesn't post the number of folks on a tour. If you want total control, I usually recommend a personal tour or small group organized by a local company where you know the number. My exception to my rule is whether it involves 2 or more modes of transportation to get to or be on the tour...then I would consider a Celebrity tour. The multiple modes could compound any issues, especially if we are new to the port.