Status Match fairy came through- Diamond match from Hilton- now what?

L1211

Crazy good service from MSC!  I matched Marriott platinum to silver last week (assumed it would be Diamond…).  When it was lower than expected, I sent my husband’s Hilton Diamond card in - on Friday. That matched today to Diamond.  We sail Sunday.  Customer service gave me the 5% discount in the form of OBC today for my silver status (surprise!).  How do we get the hubby’s Diamond perks? Should there be anything on the cruise ticket.  Does your voyager number and level show on the ticket at all?  I see the numbers on cruise details online but I’m not seeing anything on the ticket or boarding pass??  

another question- can we book butchers cut for four, use Diamond benefit to pay for two and then pay for the other two ourselves?  I have two cabins….  Are the menus the same?  

Thanks as always!! 

Congrats for you - reports of good customer service are, well, rare 🙂  

You will know when you check in what level you have - it will be printed on your card and the color on the top of the card will reflect it.

For specialty dining, hubby is entitled to 2 "dining experience" menus at Butcher's.  yes, you can pay for 2 more.  No worries.

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Congrats for you - reports of good customer service are, well, rare 🙂  

You will know when you check in what level you have - it will be printed on your card and the color on the top of the card will reflect it.

For specialty dining, hubby is entitled to 2 "dining experience" menus at Butcher's.  yes, you can pay for 2 more.  No worries.

Thank you!  Nice surprise but expectations still moderated…. 

With that Diamond Voyager hurry up and find a Travel Partner with Explora Journeys. There is a great discount now on selected Explora I sailings for 2023 for MSC Diamond Voyager members.  It is very generous!

18 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

With that Diamond Voyager hurry up and find a Travel Partner with Explora Journeys. There is a great discount now on selected Explora I sailings for 2023 for MSC Diamond Voyager members.  It is very generous!

Good to know!  Get my fist MSC cruise experience Sunday.  Hoping for the best!! 

10 hours ago, Juanitavip said:

How do you find out about the MSC Diamond Voyager discount.

I think these discounts were offered through the Explora Journeys Travel Partners. It happens that our travel advisor is one of them. Sorry, but board rules prevent mention of specific travel professionals. You won’t see the discount if you visit the Explora Journeys website. I did book another cruise as the discount was so good. I actually dropped a 14-day MSC YC cruise to book a 15-day Explora I cruise.

29 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

I think these discounts were offered through the Explora Journeys Travel Partners. It happens that our travel advisor is one of them. Sorry, but board rules prevent mention of specific travel professionals. You won’t see the discount if you visit the Explora Journeys website. I did book another cruise as the discount was so good. I actually dropped a 14-day MSC YC cruise to book a 15-day Explora I cruise.

11 hours ago, Juanitavip said:

How do you find out about the MSC Diamond Voyager discount.

Following.... I've done a basic Google search but can't find anything mentioning discounts.

Your sparkling wine, macroons, and chocolate bar should be in your cabin on the first day. Yoy might need to remind them about the robe and slippers. For your dinner, just make a reservation. The hostess will ask if this is for your diamond dinner. You will also be invited to a diamond cocktail party. 

16 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Your sparkling wine, macroons, and chocolate bar should be in your cabin on the first day. Yoy might need to remind them about the robe and slippers. For your dinner, just make a reservation. The hostess will ask if this is for your diamond dinner. You will also be invited to a diamond cocktail party. 

That sounds lovely.  Thanks for the details!