For Copper 10-8

Old As Dirt Mom

Goede morgen, Copper! You are one police officer with the gift of gab! Dutch, Latin! What other languages do you know? My 16-year-old daughter translated your most recent signature phrase for me, and has formulated this response for you:

"Philosophe sapientissime, nescis neminem tuam vocem stultem legere potest? (Non continens me.)"

My apologies to this forum and its readers, for a thread that has nothing to do with cruising, other than I would love to have the opportunity to cruise with Copper and his wife some day.:)

Goede morgen, Copper! You are one police officer with the gift of gab! Dutch, Latin! What other languages do you know? My 16-year-old daughter translated your most recent signature phrase for me, and has formulated this response for you:

"Philosophe sapientissime, nescis neminem tuam vocem stultem legere potest? (Non continens me.)"

My apologies to this forum and its readers, for a thread that has nothing to do with cruising, other than I would love to have the opportunity to cruise with Copper and his wife some day.:)

Goede morgen Moeder van middelbare leeftheid;) ! Very good Dutch on your part! Don't know any Latin, sorry. It's all from a website (see the tipping thread). Now, your daughter on the other hand, really knows her Latin; very impressive! Growing up in Holland, we had to learn Dutch, English, French and German (lost most of that, even the English;) )

John -

I notice you are fortunate enough to cruise several times a year and looks like you've taken some amazing trips over the years... Vic told me he really enjoyed meeting you and your wife while cruising last year - I was just wondering if you are semi-retired or do you work F/T? Our City Police officers are currently stretched so thin - seems they never have time off. Luckily, we just voted a tax increase to add additional policemen and firefighters.

I just want to say, you guys (especially LAPD) do a great job - thanks! :)

John -

I notice you are fortunate enough to cruise several times a year and looks like you've taken some amazing trips over the years... Vic told me he really enjoyed meeting you and your wife while cruising last year - I was just wondering if you are semi-retired or do you work F/T? Our City Police officers are currently stretched so thin - seems they never have time off. Luckily, we just voted a tax increase to add additional policemen and firefighters.

I just want to say, you guys (especially LAPD) do a great job - thanks! :)

Thanks for the last comment Laura:) Those words are always appreciated! LAPD guys and gals, especially, don't have it easy at times. We really enjoyed Vic's company on Oosterdam also and hope to see him again in Vegas at the HAL staff meeting Lisa's been talking about!

I work for one of the many independent cities in Los Angeles County. Ours is the #4 largest municipal Department after LAPD, Long Beach and Pasadena. We don't have any p/t officers (we have a few reserve officers but that's not really p/t). We are very fortunate (my wife works for the same city) that we acrue vacation hrs every 2 weeks but that, unlike some folks, we don't "loose" them unless we "use" them by the end of the year. I am also able to use my "v" hrs in conjunction with my "off" days so that all adds up. Since we got hooked on cruising back in '91, that's all we do for vacations (no more land vacations) so we usually take a 10-14 day in Summer/early Fall, a shorter one in February/earlySpring and a short one for New Years. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be able to do that. (Having no kids helps;) !). All the best to the public safety guys and gals in your city!

Thanks John - I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my (probably way too nosy) question... we also have the cruising bug - it's a tough one to shake isn't it? LOL!

I hope we get to meet up with you sometime on any DAM ship in the future. :)

Archived