Move Up Newbie Question

spammie

This is our first time attempting a "Move Up" bid.  Three weeks ago there were 60 Suites still available for our upcoming April cruise.  I decided to put a bid in to move up from Aqua to a Suite.  My status for the past two weeks has remained "pending" without the ability to modify or cancel.  As of last week all the Suites that were available are now gone.  Does anyone know if they remove them to assign them for  move up bids?  I'm not holding my breath that we will get our move up bid and are fine with the Aqua Class cabin we booked.  Just curious as to how this process works.  I keep stalking my credit card but there is nothing pending on there.  Thank you for any insight!  

1 hour ago, spammie said:

This is our first time attempting a "Move Up" bid.  Three weeks ago there were 60 Suites still available for our upcoming April cruise.  I decided to put a bid in to move up from Aqua to a Suite.  My status for the past two weeks has remained "pending" without the ability to modify or cancel.  As of last week all the Suites that were available are now gone.  Does anyone know if they remove them to assign them for  move up bids?  I'm not holding my breath that we will get our move up bid and are fine with the Aqua Class cabin we booked.  Just curious as to how this process works.  I keep stalking my credit card but there is nothing pending on there.  Thank you for any insight!  

I had bid on Sky Suite from a Aqua Class on the Beyond for the Sailing of March 26.  A few weeks out my status indicated "pending" with no ability to change. Like you,  I watched the available rooms disappear and I think there was just 3 SS left. Then magically on March 3rd, I received a email congratulating  me that I have been upgraded.  I also observed that the number of available of SS fluctuated, could be other upgrades and it cascades down or cancellations. Sometime when I looked at the first booking page, it indicated all of Suite were Sold Out and then the next day they become available.  So I wouldn't totally count out your bid yet (up to 24 or 48 before the cruise) but your scenario looked a lot like mine....just a comment.  

• Thanks 1

We got an Accepted Move Up from AQ to SS March 2022.  Got a notification of a charge on my Credit Card and then an email of the Move Up.  Was about 14 days before the cruise date.

Last cruise Sept 2022 submitted a Move Up from Concierge Class to SS.  Got an email from Celebrity about 5 days before cruise that Move Up offer was declined.

We have 3 Move Up offers in pending for our 3/25/2023 cruise, and no indication of  Accept/Declined yet.  Only handicapped SS available currently, so we shall see.

@Sunboater got their Move Up so hoping we will hear something soon.

Edited by lylone
  • Thanks 1