Haven category

kaz828

On some of the older ships, there are suites which enjoy MOST Haven benefits - priority embark and disembark, butler, concierge, private restaurant for breakfast and lunch.  The deck 10 aft suites on the Gem and Pearl are an example. We just can't use the Haven courtyard or sun deck.  DH and I are sailing in one over April school break and it was around 5K for us with the drink package, 2 specialty meals, and some OBC.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, meglet said:

On some of the older ships, there are suites which enjoy MOST Haven benefits - priority embark and disembark, butler, concierge, private restaurant for breakfast and lunch.  The deck 10 aft suites on the Gem and Pearl are an example. We just can't use the Haven courtyard or sun deck.  DH and I are sailing in one over April school break and it was around 5K for us with the drink package, 2 specialty meals, and some OBC.  

Thank you, how would I know which category suites for the ones you mentioned off the Haven benefits?

Here's a post from 2019, that has been updated, through January 7, 2023 with individual's best Haven price. It's interesting reading to see what prices people have been able to get. There be Haven deals out there! 

My philosophy on the cheapest Haven room - be flexible in your dates, your ship, and where you sail from. This allows you to open up your search based on price, rather than letting other factors control your choice.

This search can be aided using the filters on NCL's website. Do a search for cruises (whatever parameters you want), then click on "More Filters."

image.thumb.png.2c33bed5782171e2e7ba276dd2bb09ac.png

Next, you'll want to select Haven. Be sure to click the "Apply" button:

image.thumb.png.10e88991b8b5efad8edc4a795a6c0aad.png

Finally, sort by price. The list will be sorted by Haven prices, not by cheapest cruise:

image.png.8db756d53c7ea2ea5bf14aaef14bc10a.png

Voila, you're on your way to finding the most affordable Haven cruise! 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1

best way is to go during unpopular times (hurricane season, when kids are in school, no school breaks or holidays, etc.).  we've gotten a haven for as little as $2599 per person.  we tend to spend more as we much prefer "haven proper" which are the courtyard penthouse suites.   there are cheaper Haven rooms but they are not located in the courtyard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Here's a post from 2019, that has been updated, through January 7, 2023 with individual's best Haven price. It's interesting reading to see what prices people have been able to get. There be Haven deals out there! 

My philosophy on the cheapest Haven room - be flexible in your dates, your ship, and where you sail from. This allows you to open up your search based on price, rather than letting other factors control your choice.

This search can be aided using the filters on NCL's website. Do a search for cruises (whatever parameters you want), then click on "More Filters."

image.thumb.png.2c33bed5782171e2e7ba276dd2bb09ac.png

Next, you'll want to select Haven. Be sure to click the "Apply" button:

image.thumb.png.10e88991b8b5efad8edc4a795a6c0aad.png

Finally, sort by price. The list will be sorted by Haven prices, not by cheapest cruise:

image.png.8db756d53c7ea2ea5bf14aaef14bc10a.png

Voila, you're on your way to finding the most affordable Haven cruise! 

Thank you, very helpful !

We have to sail during summer/holidays because of my dh's job (but we are getting close to being able to go during off times).

Anyway, we usually sail in the summer and Haven. We are platinum but think I'm getting close to the next tier. When we sailed with my now adult kids, prices for the cabin were always around $8K+, even when my dh and I sailed last in Haven it was $7K. We always stay in the Courtyard area.

However, our next cruise, I thought, for us, I found something I was really comfortable with booking (sometimes I don't feel comfortable but still do it HAHHAAA).

I booked August 13, NY to Bermuda in an HJ (first time out of Courtyard) for $6247 on the Joy. This includes, pre paid service charges for Haven and the prepaid grat. for the "free" drink and dining package.

I had $1000 FCC that we used. I also was booked on a July sailing in a balcony and had the Vibe (trying to do Haven Lite) but when I canceled to book August instead because I didn't want to give up Haven, they applied the $458 that I would have spent on Vibe and my final payment is $4789.

We were originally paying $3545 for my balcony for July and had Vibe and was going to spend another $333 for three more nights of speciality restaurants since was going to try Haven Lite.

It was a difference of $2,702, which I personally thought was pretty good.

Edited by js