Is the style of entertainment on Viking Ocean changing somewhat?

OnTheJourney

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

And so, however, the use of significant improvisation within the new age realm IS why it's often classified as falling under the jazz category. Kind of like trying to pin down a blob of mercury. Can't really codify some music under one specific category. 

Right. One of the piped-in artists during our last cruise was Max Richter, who I like quite a bit but have no idea how to categorize. Alternative new age (as opposed to Windham Hill), maybe?  

Anyway, it was a huge improvement from the awful (and loud) piped-in music from our 2018 cruise. I was so pleased I sent a note to Viking about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

I was so pleased I sent a note to Viking about it. 

Which proves that they DO read those surveys and other input. Hopefully they'll take my advice to not crowd a whole excursion group into the same cable car at Masada National Park. Anyone even mildly claustrophobic would have truly freaked. 

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

If there’s music, even at a low volume, he’ll have trouble hearing conversations.  Large crowds are also a challenge, where multiple people are talking at once, he’ll end up lip reading to try to follow what I’m saying.

Yep...I'm right there too. 

• Like 1

Would be interesting to know what percentage of passengers go to the musical performances (intentionally, rather than coincidentally being in the room/vicinity) and what percentage would prefer no music in the lounges

31 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

Would be interesting to know what percentage of passengers go to the musical performances (intentionally, rather than coincidentally being in the room/vicinity) and what percentage would prefer no music in the lounges

As you say, we are mainly co-incidental listeners though we did go, whilst recently on the sea, to hear the guitarist’s ‘reggae’ session. Not what you would usually expect, and obviously not out and out reggae, but pleasant back ground music and an example of Viking not being afraid to introduce some new music genre’s into the repertoire.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KBs mum said:

As things stand, I’d be quite happy with no music in the lounges. Not going to happen, though. So I’m grateful when it’s at least music I can enjoy. 

The only performances we intentionally went to were those featuring artists from the countries we were visiting. Absolutely loved those. 

Edited by Twitchly
  • Like 1