Guarantee Balcony Independence of the Seas and barcode scanner

My wife and I booked a balcony guarantee on the Independence of the Seas sailing next month (just over 30 days out) we completed the check in process on the app, and it shows the Set Sail pass as deck 8 GTY, but no cabin number yet. At the bottom of the Set Sail pass is a bar code. I then read about downloading a bar code scanner app, scan it to see if a cabin number was assigned. I did this and it showed 8246 at the end of the numbers that came up after scanning. Is this going to be our assigned cabin? Can Royal change the room even though it’s showing up on the bar code scanner but not yet showing on the set sail pass?

just wondering if anyone has done this with a GTY cabin, then had them change the cabin.

thank you

Tom

Edited by TomC21

8 minutes ago, TomC21 said:

My wife and I booked a balcony guarantee on the Independence of the Seas sailing next month (just over 30 days out) we completed the check in process on the app, and it shows the Set Sail pass as deck 8 GTY, but no cabin number yet. At the bottom of the Set Sail pass is a bar code. I then read about downloading a bar code scanner app, scan it to see if a cabin number was assigned. I did this and it showed 8246 at the end of the numbers that came up after scanning. Is this going to be our assigned cabin? Can Royal change the room even though it’s showing up on the bar code scanner but not yet showing on the set sail pass?

just wondering if anyone has done this with a GTY cabin, then had them change the cabin.

thank you

Tom

Yes it should be your cabin but it can still be changed. 

• Thanks 1