Nassau w/ a 9 Year Old

MistyRo76

We are booked on the Carnival Sunshine for this October. Right now it’s me, my hubby and our daughter who will be 9 at the time of the sailing. She has been on 2 cruises but both were when she was 3 and younger so she doesn’t really remember them. 

Our stops are Half Moon Cay and Nassau. I haven’t been to Nassau in years and often would just stay on the ship there. But I want to get off the ship and give the kiddo a great experience. 

Looking at Carnival excursions, the one that caught my eye was the swimming with the pigs one. Anyone have experience with this excursion? 

Any good excursions or beaches we should look into that aren’t thru the cruise line? Looking for something more than just a basic beach day, would like an experience that is new to her. 

Any suggestions?? 

On 3/11/2023 at 7:43 AM, Erreyl said:

We are going to the Bahamas with my 9 year old in a few weeks.  For our Nassau stop we booked some day passes at the water park at Baha Mar.  I think my daughter will love it!

Thanks! Would love to hear about your experience when you return! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 3:49 PM, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks! Would love to hear about your experience when you return! 

Off the Legend today and would highly recommend Baha Mar waterpark day pass.  The place was great, lots to do for the kids, great water slides and it was very clean.  We didn’t have any trouble getting a taxi there and back and it made for a fun day.