Which cruise line is best?

wrg

DH and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in two years (he will be 50 and and I will be 47). If I am permitted to ask, any suggestions on a cruise line and itinerary? Thank you.

Wrg

Depends on how you define best.  My personal "best" would be an expedition cruise to get to the wild places the big cruise ships don't go.  Second choice would be Regent, Oceania, or Viking cruises who have longer cruises and good itineraries.  I also really like Cunard too.  A more modest choice would be Princess or HAL one ways, although there are some nice 11 day cruises out of Vancouver.  I look at the itinerary first, then I go for the smallest ship available.  Then I look for bells and whistles.  I wouldn't really care about the name on the bow if those requirements were met.  

But that's me.  I don't drink much, don't gamble, hate shopping, and would never go to an art auction.  I like wild places, wildlife, hanging out with locals, and going to the lectures.  If you give us some more information, we'll be happy to help you out.  There's some awesome people on this forum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been on Princess and NCL (next year Royal) Both itineraries were the same.  Neither was better but the ships do have a different atmosphere.  Princess had speakers to listen to and probably a "classier" atmosphere.   If going with my husband I'd go Princess again or try another line like Celebrity if it had the itinerary I wanted.  I'd take NCL again too, but with my children because the ship had things on they would like.  That is why we are going Royal next year, the kids chose the ship.

• Like 1