Live from NOLA and NCL Breakaway - 3/12 thru 3/19 😀⚓️🕖☘️🍸

CTCruiser001

So...Maya Chan Beach...We love it here...$58 per person (return guests price) for all inclusive drinks, food, water toys, etc. Even the transportation to and from the ship. They limit their guests to about 40 or 50 people total per day...Fantastic! We always come here whenever in port for Costa Maya. The owners are Americans, Mark and Jane. The staff are all terrific and we appreciated all their hard work today!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

What better than to be on the beach and get a report card from the pup's boarding place?!? We signed him up for some training which they started today...What a good boy!

FB_IMG_1678819167853.thumb.jpg.2bc9790f28606699d46342505a7b3e69.jpg

My two boys celebrated their 2 year birthday while we were on Breakaway last week.  The lady who boarded them, gave them a birthday party.

Boys BD2.jpg

• Like 9

Ship is just leaving dock now. We missed the sunset because we were in the shower. No real plans for tonight...We left it open since we knew Maya Chan was today - Our only day with no advanced dinner reservations. Getting dressed soon...Thinking maybe the Haven Restaurant, but we aren't really that hungry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your haven cruise on Brreakaway looks amazing! However, we’re on the same cruise, non-haven, and it’s been one bad experience after another. Lost luggage, bar lines 10-15 deep, unfriendly bartenders, a late departure Sunday, a late arrival today shortening our shore excursion, and general overcrowding of all public spaces. I have also talked to several people who have family feeling under the weather with a stomach problem. 

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing the late arrival to Costa Maya experience and how it worked with Maya Chan. We're scheduled for there 3 weeks from today and I was worried with the frequent late arrivals that it would really mess up the Maya Chan day but it looked like it worked out well for you! Puts my mind at ease. I really appreciate your detailed posting each day! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ranger28 said:

Your haven cruise on Brreakaway looks amazing! However, we’re on the same cruise, non-haven, and it’s been one bad experience after another. Lost luggage, bar lines 10-15 deep, unfriendly bartenders, a late departure Sunday, a late arrival today shortening our shore excursion, and general overcrowding of all public spaces. I have also talked to several people who have family feeling under the weather with a stomach problem. 

Sorry to hear it. I hope the cruise gets better for you guys! There have been several not so great things that happened for us, but I try not to focus on that. Things not worth dwelling on and all that jazz. I'd rather spend my time remembering what made me happy and what we enjoyed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Shel71 said:

Thank you for sharing the late arrival to Costa Maya experience and how it worked with Maya Chan. We're scheduled for there 3 weeks from today and I was worried with the frequent late arrivals that it would really mess up the Maya Chan day but it looked like it worked out well for you! Puts my mind at ease. I really appreciate your detailed posting each day! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Definitely a worry for us too! But in the end it'll all work out one way or another. Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

Time change last night/this morning. My brain is messed up and woke me at 0500 ships time. The brain wants caffeine so I must gently remind it that the coffee shop doesn't open until 0600. Don't want to use the Nespresso maker in the cabin since it may wake the DW who is sleeping peacefully. 

11 hours ago, Ranger28 said:

Oh no... this isn't typical of most breakaway experiences. For your drink issues - can I recommend visiting dj and Christian at the sail and sustain bar. Also if you're at osheehans ask aj to make you one of his specials. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1