Live from NOLA and NCL Breakaway - 3/12 thru 3/19 😀⚓️🕖☘️🍸

CTCruiser001

13 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

@RocketMan275 We haven't forgotten! Just spoke with Omar - They are still looking into it.

Ooooo, I was secretly hoping Omar would be on our cruise this week. He was our first concierge on Getaway in April. Oh well! He has such a great sense of mocking humor. I enjoyed watching him deal with the entitled Haven guests...then realized he did the same to us, all in good fun though. Looks like Moderno was fantastic! Keep on having a great cruise.

Former Nutmegger from the Last Green Valley here.

• Like 1

Went down the Starbucks first thing this morning...Ordered two Grande Shaken Espressos...Cashier requested my DW's card since I was getting two drinks. 

Okay Kim...Thanks for doing your job, but it's too early for this and you're withholding my caffeine...Get on with it. 

I asked her..."So at any other bar we can get two drinks at a time no problem, but here at the coffee bar we can only have one drink? Even with the FAS plus package? I mean...it's coffee. Not liquid gold..."

I immediately realized my mistake and bowed down to the Coffee N***.

I warn you all...don't make my mistake. It's too damn early for this...

images.jpeg.ff8fd33d30b9a090fd224b2c3fade0f2.jpeg

20230314_063332.thumb.jpg.8ef86f05315afcd7f3750d9400728ad8.jpg

Edited by CTCruiser001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Went down the Starbucks first thing this morning...Ordered two Grande Shaken Espressos...Cashier requested my DW's card since I was getting two drinks. 

Okay Kim...Thanks for doing your job, but it's too early for this and you're withholding my caffeine...Get on with it. 

I asked her..."So at any other bar we can get two drinks at a time no problem, but here at the coffee bar we can only have one drink? Even with the FAS plus package? I mean...it's coffee. Not liquid gold..."

I immediately realized my mistake and bowed down to the Coffee N***.

I warn you all...don't make my mistake. It's too damn early for this...

images.jpeg.ff8fd33d30b9a090fd224b2c3fade0f2.jpeg

20230314_063332.thumb.jpg.8ef86f05315afcd7f3750d9400728ad8.jpg

I commend you for your pre-caffeine politeness. Since the terms of the package specifically state you may order two drinks at a time, I would absolutely be demanding a manager, in a polite, but stern manner. Although, based on your photo, it does appear you were successful! Happy (caffeinated) morning!

Lovely sunrise pics! That early morning balcony time may be my most enjoyable time of the day. 

• Like 2

Glad I chose to visit the spa this morning. The ship just made an announcement that due to "Mechanical issues" we are docking into Costa Maya 1 hour late. Ugh...This sucks. We are going to Maya Chan Beach and losing an hour to dock at noon means we'll be missing lunch. I know this has been a frequent issue with the Breakaway this year, getting to this port on time, but we hoped it wouldn't happen to us. 

Going to try and reach out to Mark or Jane at the MCB to see our options.  

We are just off the Breakaway and were in the Haven as well.

Some really great folks up there. Omar is a very good concierge as is his helper who was always at her desk looking busy.

The head bartender is really good too! Funny and great mixologist. 

Please if you run into Riezel in the Haven Restaurant tell her King Cole says hello. We really fell in love with her - she was the highlight of our trip.

Our Butler....not so much....saw the dude a total of 5 minutes (if that) on our cruise. We had friends that had him as their Butler as well. Same thing. I don't know if he's got too many cabins to take care of - but not what we usually expect when in the Haven. But...the reality of it is that it did not materially affect our cruise. We still had a good time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colecandler said:

We are just off the Breakaway and were in the Haven as well.

Some really great folks up there. Omar is a very good concierge as is his helper who was always at her desk looking busy.

The head bartender is really good too! Funny and great mixologist. 

Please if you run into Riezel in the Haven Restaurant tell her King Cole says hello. We really fell in love with her - she was the highlight of our trip.

Our Butler....not so much....saw the dude a total of 5 minutes (if that) on our cruise. We had friends that had him as their Butler as well. Same thing. I don't know if he's got too many cabins to take care of - but not what we usually expect when in the Haven. But...the reality of it is that it did not materially affect our cruise. We still had a good time!

Agree on the butler...We've seen him all of 5 minutes on the first day when we were returning to the cabin for bed. Haven't seen him ANYWHERE else since. 

Our room steward is great. He has been by many times and provided us with all the extra pillows we asked for. 

The Concierge Omar and his assistant Cindy are terrific.  I can tell Omar thinks we are "extra" for asking about getting into Syd Norman's early, but I don't care...They shouldn't offer the service if they don't want people using it. 

• Haha 1

Mark from MCB responded quickly. The dock change doesn't affect anything. Lunch will be served from 1 to 3 pm and the last van returning to port is at 5:30 pm. 

The DW and I are still planning to visit the resort. It is one of our favorite things about this itinerary. 

4 hours ago, CTCruiser001 said:

Mark from MCB responded quickly. The dock change doesn't affect anything. Lunch will be served from 1 to 3 pm and the last van returning to port is at 5:30 pm. 

The DW and I are still planning to visit the resort. It is one of our favorite things about this itinerary. 

We have Maya Chan booked for next week and I've been worried about this happening too. I wish our port arrival was earlier. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LincolnLog said:

We have Maya Chan booked for next week and I've been worried about this happening too. I wish our port arrival was earlier. 

Don't be worried! Everything is going great! So glad we came!!!

• Thanks 1

Sorry the pictures aren't better...I tried to grab quick shots of everything as they were being unwrapped and put out for serving...

Anna warming up the homemade tacos, then we have: steak, chicken, fish, garlic sauce, pork, marinated onions, Mexican rice, beans, cheese, Pico de Gallo, guacamole, assorted toppings and salsas! Everything was wonderful!

20230314_141454.thumb.jpg.49ec0fb97fca1c15aa5c98c45930e9f0.jpg

20230314_141438.thumb.jpg.841fa1cf4cd2123e9f59bf9b20f8654f.jpg

20230314_141433.thumb.jpg.ed589d3cd3f788380d6916ae06d90983.jpg

20230314_141430.thumb.jpg.074c10ca8e877276fb229afb240e3e25.jpg

• Like 2